Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster payouts for hourly contracts

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
641 of 658

Hi Igal,

Thanks for reaching out. Your official payment date will continue to show as Wednesday. This is because we won’t know which payments will be released early until we review accounts every Friday morning (if your client disputes your hours or their payment fails, we can’t release your payment until the issue is resolved). As long as there’s no issues, your payment will be posted to your Upwork account on the Friday before the Wednesday date that is listed. For example, if your payment date is listed as Wednesday, July 15, you will receive it on Friday, July 10.

Highlighted
Donna B Member Since: May 21, 2020
642 of 658

It doesn't look like I'm getting an "early" payment this week (5/22). Why would it stop already? I rec'd payment on the 8th and on the 15th and now it does't show available until the 27. Why not the 22nd? I've worked every week.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
643 of 658
If I understand correctly, what you are seeing today is not being updated but you will see a change tomorrow.
Highlighted
644 of 658

Hi Donna,

To clarify, your official payment date will continue to show as Wednesday, as before. This is because we won’t know which payments will be released early until we review accounts every Friday morning (if your client disputes your hours or their payment fails, we can’t release your payment until the issue is resolved). As long as there’s no issues, your payment will be posted to your Upwork account on the Friday before the Wednesday date that is listed. For example, if your payment date is listed as Wednesday, May 27, you will receive it on Friday, May 22.

Highlighted
Irfan A Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
645 of 658

thank you, very helpful for this time

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
646 of 658

The email communication that is being sent about these advanced payments is rather odd. I got an email showing just one of my contracts, stating I have been paid early. I thought it was odd to only show one contract but when I went to UW to withdraw the funds, it showed the entire amount for all contracts as being available. 20 minutes later I got another email with one of my other contracts indicating it was ready and 5 minutes after that a 3rd email. I'd understand if these contracts were being looking at separately but as mentioned the entire amount was available from the time of the first email. Obviously that all funds were ready to go is really what matters here, but it's worth bringing up that the current process for sending these emails is odd and can lead to initial confusion. Best to just send one email and frankly it is not necessary to show the amount in the email. 

Highlighted
Ryan B Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
647 of 658

This is awesome, kudos for you guys!

Highlighted
Suzanne H Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
648 of 658

I want to opt out because this messes up my ability to organize weekly hours logged. For example: I logged one hour yesterday, Thurs 5/21 -- and this morning it has already disappeared from my Thursday 5/21 time log and moved into the Available column with no indication of what time or day that hour occurred. That's not ok. I need to see how many hours I've logged for each client each week, and what time those hours were logged -- at least one week at a time. I appreciate that you're trying to help people but I need to see my weekly hours as they happened. I didn't ask for this system and I don't want it. I want to see my weekly hours as they are logged. How do I opt out?

Highlighted
649 of 658

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand the rationale behind your request and I'll share it with our team for further consideration. Unfortunately, at the moment, we don't have an opt-out option available for this feature but we'll make sure to follow up with an update in case that option becomes available.

You can continue monitoring this thread for further updates and feel free to contact me directly by selecting my photo/name > Message. Thank you.

Highlighted
Oleg Y Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
650 of 658

Thank you! It really helps a lot.

Can I ask you? How long will payments be in this mode?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS