🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Feature Releases: Freelancer Initiated Milest...
Page options

Feature Releases: Freelancer Initiated Milestones, Notepad in Messages and Client Rehire Button

lenaellis
Community Member

Hi everyone,

We have several new features that will be release in the next two weeks that we hope you will find useful. Let us know your feedback. 

Freelancer Initiated Milestones:

This week, freelancers and agencies will be able to propose milestones when submitting proposals for fixed-price projects over $100. This functionality can be found in the “Describe your terms” section of the proposal.
Freelancers will see an option to divide the work into milestones, providing each with a description, amount, and optional due date. Clients will have the option to edit milestones as part of the offer process, giving freelancers the ability to accept or decline.

This has been a request from our Community for a long time and we are glad to finally share this update with you all. We hope that by having freelancers initiate the milestones, they can better explain their bid amount and demonstrate their approach to the work.

We will be expanding this functionality into contracts, allowing freelancers to add milestones on active contracts in the coming months. To learn more check out our blog post here.

FL Milestones.png

FL Milestones 2.png

Private Notepad in Messages:
In Messages, freelancers and clients will soon see a notepad feature giving you the ability to take private notes directly next to your conversations. This can be useful for compiling short to-do lists or to jot down your thoughts during interviews.

To access your personal notepad, click inside any Messages conversation. You’ll see a "notes" icon on the top right of your screen. By clicking the icon, you’ll open or close the notepad. Simply type within the provided field, and your notes will automatically save for you to access at any time. Your notes are only visible to you, and are specific to the Messages room you took them in.

personal notepad.png

Client Rehire Freelancer Button:

Clients will soon see a “Rehire a Freelancer” button on their My Jobs page. When clicking on the “Rehire a Freelancer” button in the upper right corner, clients can then select the freelancer they would like to rehire and send them an offer. By utilizing the rehire button, we hope to make the experience easier and quicker for clients to find and work with a past freelancer, again.

rehire button.png

rehirefl.png

Let us know if you have any questions on these features!

34 Comments
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Tamerlan,

When a client uses "Rehire" button, they'll still need to send you an offer as usual and hire you for a regular contract. Once you are paid for the contract it will also show in your Work History.

timur2010
Community Member

Thank you Valeria!

atlinguist
Community Member

Great feature! Thank you!

I would also like to see a choice between fixed-price and hourly on the initial proposal form, i.e. when making a bid on a client project, because I often find myself telling clients that I do not accept hourly payment for certain jobs. If I were to be able to indicate my preferred payment method directly, the client would see it at the top of my proposal in his inbox and be able to make a choice more quickly.

jennifermacleod
Community Member

This is already an old thread and there's STILL no such feature.  Honestly, this site **Edited for Community Guidelines** - just so hard to work with.  Features I used regularly on elance are still not implemented here and clearly the people responsible simply do not care what freelancers think or consider how to make life easier when dealing with clients who are nowhere near as experienced as we are on the site, and who don't want to (or can't) set up their own milestones.

Tzivia