cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Releases: Freelancer Initiated Milestones, Notepad in Messages and Client Rehire Button

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
31 of 35

The fact that Upwork is developing a "feature that will allow freelancers to suggest milestones on active contracts is currently in development" fails to address the crux of the issue.

Upwork implemented a feature that does not function as management has hoped.  Unless, of course, management intended to lose money.  

As has been noted numerous times by successful freelancers, requiring milestones - even if they are changeable after the fact - fails to give the buyer a scintilla of information on what their job might cost.

Will Upwork ever learn to listen, hear, and act on what those of us who help pay the bills for your salaries say?

Ace Contributor
Tamerlan K Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
32 of 35

Hello!

how will I know if client rehired me by rehire button or not?

What I am concerned about is - after I complete job offered with this "Rehire" feature, will the job post and feedback and everything look as usual at my profile?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 35

Tamerlan,

When a client uses "Rehire" button, they'll still need to send you an offer as usual and hire you for a regular contract. Once you are paid for the contract it will also show in your Work History.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Tamerlan K Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
34 of 35

Thank you Valeria!

Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
35 of 35

Great feature! Thank you!

I would also like to see a choice between fixed-price and hourly on the initial proposal form, i.e. when making a bid on a client project, because I often find myself telling clients that I do not accept hourly payment for certain jobs. If I were to be able to indicate my preferred payment method directly, the client would see it at the top of my proposal in his inbox and be able to make a choice more quickly.