🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Featuring Portfolio Items on Search Tiles.
Page options

Featuring Portfolio Items on Search Tiles.

lenaellis
Community Member

Portfolio items are a great way to showcase your work to potential clients. We’ve even found that freelancers with portfolios are 5X more likely to get hired than those without.

We want to help you stand out and promote your work samples more visibly to clients, and are testing a new way to highlight portfolios from the search page for design-related searches. Soon, search results with freelancers in the Design and Creative category, will include the cover image of the first project in a freelancer's portfolio.

See examples below:

portfoliosearch.png

portfoliosearch2.png

A strong portfolio houses multiple work samples with descriptions and high-quality images. Since we are featuring portfolio items more prominently in search, we recommend freelancers in the Design and Creative category add or update their portfolio items, showcasing their best item first as this is what will appear on their search tile. Plus, we’ll be selecting the best Design profiles to feature on the Upwork website.

16 Comments
ranaobaid
Community Member

I love this idea! Will the cover image that appears (like the example you showed) change for specialized profiles? What I mean is, if a client searches for someone specializing in presentation design, will the first cover image of their presentation design portfolio appear? Or will it always show the first cover image of their portfolio in their general profile?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

I'm glad you love the new design, Rana.

And, yes, I can confirm that the portfolio item shown may change depending on the client's search. If your specialized profile matches the client's search, then we will be showing the first item from your specialized profile portfolio.

pariszsun
Community Member

Wonderful news and looking for to seeing the other Upwork portfolios!

joymim_ahmed
Community Member

Great News for designers.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

iqbalkarimrumi
Community Member

great to hear the idea to highlight the work of freelancers. appreciated !!!!

mystudiomke
Community Member

When is this rolling out? When this first launched it noted the end of February. What happened?

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Lila, 

I'll go ahead and check with the team when we're expecting to roll this out. 

tohasing4
Community Member

Thanks for the news

joynul33
Community Member

Of course, this is a great idea to show freelancer expertise. 

versailles
Community Member

Joynul A wrote:

Of course, this is a great idea to show freelancer expertise. 

It's a fantastic idea. The only drawback I see with this new feature is that now, portfolio plagiarism will increase like crazy.