Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
1 of 153

Hi everyone,

I wanted to stop in and introduce myself on the forums. I’m Ivo, the Product Manager for the Upwork Team App, and I’m based in Macedonia. I’m here to answer questions and take any suggestions you may have about the Team App.

Since we plan to phase out support for the older Team App (V3) soon, my goal is to make sure the new Team App (V4) is intuitive and works well for you all. We have 70% of our users on the new Team App already (if you haven’t switched over, please download here!), but I’d love to hear suggestions on ways to improve it and/or offer clarity on the timeline of Team App updates we already have in the pipeline.

Here are some of the ways we’ve improved the newest version of the Team App, just to name a few:

• We now measure elapsed time from your last working session
  • We’ve integrated Upwork Messages with 1:1 chat, group chat, the ability to switch between most recent conversations and unread messages
  • You can upload files up to 95 MB in size
  • Cosmetically, with a simplified – and hopefully more intuitive – look and feel

Based on user feedback, we have a number of changes slated for the coming months. We’re working on implementing this list:

• Keyboard shortcuts for the most-used commands
  • Sound notifications when a random screenshot is taken
  • Ability to change memos from your context menu
  • More visible notifications when the Team App is tracking offline
  • Notifications for new messages without having the Messages window open
  • Ability to refresh your contract list in-app

Questions? Comments? Please chime in – would love to hear from you all.

Ivo

Community Leader
Chris H Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
2 of 153

Hello Ivo, thanks for considering the feedback of your users.

I have some requests for the Mac version:

1. I would like to see a standard "click" of the menu bar icon to access the context menu. "Control+Click" is not a mac standard. I am not aware of any app that functions in this way. It is uncommon.

2. Please considering integrating the app's notifications with OS X Notification Center. We live in a world of notifications coming from our various apps, and Notification Center offers users the ability to get more control of how this information comes into our lives. Please don't abandon this powerful feature, being utilized by app developers since 2011: https://developer.apple.com/notifications/

In short, please adopt Mac standards for a Mac App.

Thanks!

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 153

My only comment is semantic. Why "Team" app? I'm a sole provider, and do not work on or with a team. My client and I do not constitute a team. Anything labeled "team" screams at me: This has nothing to do with how you work.

I know I'm probably spitting into the wind here. So it goes.

Best,
Michael

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 153

For the same reason that an exchange of messages between two people is called a room.

Employee
5 of 153

Hi Christopher, Michael, thanks for your feedback!

Christopher: Regarding accessing the context menu with a "click" of the menu bar icon – it'll be implemented soon. We have plans to integrate the app's notifications with the OS X Notification Center too. It's definitely on our roadmap and we'll be working on it next year!

Michael: Ha, good comment. Semantics are not my domain of expertise (and I didn't have anything to do with naming the app) so unfortunately I can't really help you here. But I guess you could say that even when you work individually, as a sole provider, you're still on a team with your client to achieve a final goal Smiley Happy

Sincerely,
Ivo

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 153

@Ivo V wrote:
Michael: Ha, good comment. Semantics are not my domain of expertise (and I didn't have anything to do with naming the app) so unfortunately I can't really help you here. But I guess you could say that even when you work individually, as a sole provider, you're still on a team with your client to achieve a final goal Smiley Happy

Sincerely,
Ivo

Yes, Ivo, no doubt many could, would, and (effectively, corporately) have said that. Pardon me if I refrain. It's just that I can neither afford cheerleaders nor take a yoke.

;^)

MM

Highlighted
Rommel A Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
7 of 153

One thing that's keeping me from updating to the new Team App is the old version's ability to take screensnaps and generate a shareable Upwork URL for it. If this can be integrated to the new app, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 153

@Rommel A wrote:

One thing that's keeping me from updating to the new Team App is the old version's ability to take screensnaps and generate a shareable Upwork URL for it. If this can be integrated to the new app, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

I felt the same, Rommel!

I use Lightshot http://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html and love it!

It comes with browser plug-ins so you can just click the print key on your keyboard, and you can download screenshots etc, works great for me.

Employee
9 of 153

Hi Rommel, Petra,

Yep, we’re definitely going to implement screensnaps into the new Team App. That’ll actually become part of Upwork Messages, and should be available on web as well. In the meantime, the tool that Petra suggested is really simple and is a great temporary solution – thanks Petra!

Ace Contributor
Vladislav M Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
10 of 153

Will it ever work fine on older MacOS X (10.6) versions at all? 

Also... will there ever be convenient - single-click way to change current contract/customer?