cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Sasha P Member Since: Jun 3, 2007
31 of 153

Hello Tivo. Tell me please how do I submit bug reports on the new app? I have two bug reports and one feature request. Do you have a bug tracker app, like bugzilla or mantis?

Sasha

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 153

Hi Sasha,

Please submit your feedback and bug reports by clicking on your name at the bottom of the Team App window and selecting "Send Feedback" from the menu.

Thank you.

33 of 153

If I do that, I only see 'New email' form of Thunderbird being shown. This is nothing close to bugtracker, because I cannot track the status of the bug - confirmed, assigned, resolved, closed etc. I need the ability to keep track of submitted bugs.

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
34 of 153

I understand your concern, but regretfully, we cannot provide that level of visibility in our tracking system at this time. Please rest assured, however, that we do track your feedback properly on our end.

35 of 153
I have already heard a lot of words from oDesk / Upwork employees about how properly they do things on their end. What I miss is some proofs that you guys are meaning it. And I still don't understand why did not you just replace the logo in the existing application, which is tested, working, and which the users got used to ? It would not take so much time and effort as developing the new app. Can you explain?

Anshuman M Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
36 of 153

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99&vid=4294919973&produ...

NORTON Flagged & auto removed. Something is not right! in this new APP

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
37 of 153

Anshuman,

Hmm, strange, and thanks for flagging. Perhaps some antivirus programs are reporting the team app as potentially unsafe because the app takes random screenshots from your desktop during tracking time and measure user activity (keystrokes and mouse clicks) – not standard operations for other apps. This actually seems to happen sometimes with the older team app as well. I assure you that everything is well with the app, and we'll contact Symantec to whitelist the application. Thanks for the report!

Ivo

Highlighted
Marek A Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
38 of 153

Ivo

I'm concerned about today announcement about retiring of old app.

On my computer new app still don't work. Support "investigating" problem for last two weeks and nothing is done.

So is there any posibility to move retirement time for few months, to time when new app will work for all?

39 of 153

+1 . I support this request.  New app is way too buggy.

Ace Contributor
Vladislav M Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
40 of 153

Guys, admit it... it's just not ready for production. That notice I've got today from Upwork that Jan 1st old app will stop working - simply throws us under the bus