cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Sasha P Member Since: Jun 3, 2007
61 of 153

Ivo,

you seem to address other people's problems, but not mine. It's exactly what I was talking about when I was asking access to your bug tracker. Have you fixed missing icons bug? Where can I download the fixed version?

62 of 153

BTW, Ivo, why does your application eat 350M of RAM - more than Skype and Firefox together ? Does it do more than Skype and Firefox together?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
63 of 153

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for posting this question. Upwork Team App is based on Chromium, which does have a high memory usage. We're making an effort to lower the RAM usage as much as possible.

64 of 153

Chromium only has high memory usage when it is doing something (loading pages, etc). Your app hangs in the tray for three days in a row and does nothig (I don't have any tasks to work on), then bam - 350M of RAM is gone, firefox is killed because there's not enough RAM to run it, right in the middle of my googling for the information. To prove that you are working hard on it, please explain me what did you do to reduce RAM usage during the last month. And anyway, you already owe me 50 bucks for the RAM upgrade.

Alekszej I Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
65 of 153
Hi Vladimir G, So, based on it we can make a conclusion – Chromium sucks, and it was unsuccessful choice by your team – so switch better back on to good, time proved old team appSmiley Happy, or develop team application based on normal programming languages like C++ or similar, where you may manage RAM consumption. Regards.
Nikolay B Member Since: May 5, 2015
66 of 153

Hi everyone.

I'd like to see these handy features in a new app:

- Sceensnap feature. As for me it is very poor that it was removed from v4. Just get it back like it was before please. This really keeping me from updating to v4. I know about alternatives, but it is very comfortable to keep it in a time tracker.

- Sound notifications about taken screenshots. I see it's in the todo list, I'm just anxious. Also sound should be customizable like in old app.

- It was very handy to quickly navigate to timelogs, workdiary etc from the Tools menu of team app.

All above related about Linux version. Thanks.

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
67 of 153

Hi Nikolay, 

Great suggestions! As I mentioned before  adding the screensnap functionality is on our roadmap. Sound notifications when a  screenshot is taken will be released really soon. Note that it will come turned OFF by default, but you will be able to turn it ON from preferences. Currently, You can quickly navigate to your  WorkDiary or reports page by clicking on the last screenshot in the tracker panel or on ‘Today’ and ‘This week’ labels.

Cherry G Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
68 of 153

Hello I've just recently been informed that the old app i used caused some problems with my employer. After I checked out the problem, I found it was that I wasn't actually using the new app (despite having updated the 'old' one). Now I have the same concern (and it seems like this concern still has not been addressed despite it already being the end of 2016) -- the new app is unlike the old app in sooo many ways (and I mean it is inefficient!). I could not for the life of me understand how I am unable to customize the sound when the screenshot comes up!

This was never a problem in the old team room app. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe I'm still using an 'outdated' app?

Thanks for all the help!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
69 of 153

Hi Cherry, 

Unfortunately, there is only one standard sound for when the Upwork Desktop App takes a screen grab of your work. You should be able to set it up in the "Snapshots" settings as shown below. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 12.01.34 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Chris H Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
70 of 153

Hey Ivo,

I'd like to see the ability to open the Messages window from the Mac context menu.

For example, I like to keep the Tracker window minized during work, but when I get a new message, I have to open the Tracker window (via context menu) and click the icon in the right corner to open the messages window. It would make more sense to just have an option for it in the context menu.

Thanks!

Chris

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS