Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
21 of 153

Sebastian,

Thanks for getting in touch. That’s a strange case, and it definitely shouldn’t be happening. Can you file a ticket with Customer Support? We’ll investigate.

badmos m Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
22 of 153

YOU HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
23 of 153

Most importantly - I need the day to be measured in MY timezone, not GMT. In the late afternoon in the Western US, when midnight passes in GMT, all of a sudden the the time total for "Today" resets to zero, giving me minor panic attack! I understand the work week is measured in GMT, but it should be a simple thing to display my work times in my local timezone, and keep the daily time totals consistent, with a cutoff on Sundays when the work week ends.

Secondly, random screen shots tied to time worked are just wrong. Often a four-hour session will be over- or under-billed by 10-20 minutes. Sometimes I'll be waiting and waiting for one last screenshot before I can turn it off to make sure I get credit for all the time I've worked. Sometimes I turn it off early and work another 10-15 minutes to make it even out. This kind of discrepency is NOT accurate to say the least! 10 minute increments are fine as a concept, but in practice, some of those increments are 3 minutes and some are 18.

And two more minor items:

I would like to see Messages REMOVED from the tracker - I find this feature useless and that it bloats the app.

Having to ctrl-click in the menu bar is also ridiculous. I'd rather not have the icon in the menu bar at all if it's not going to work properly.

Thanks.

Employee
24 of 153

Hi Jess,

I completely understand your frustration, as I’m based in Macedonia. The time zone question is one that’s actually connected with the tracking algorithm but I will look to see if there’s anything I can possibly do in that regard.

Regarding Messages, you can change your preferences within the app so that Messages won’t open. As for ctrl-click, thanks for bringing it up! We’re working on a fix for this, which should come shortly.

Samuel V Member Since: Dec 2, 2015
25 of 153

Congratulations ! I'm very happy to hear about great advances in your business.

Community Leader
Chris H Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
26 of 153

I would like to second Jess's recommendation on showing our own time zone. It's unnatural to follow UTC behavior from a user standpoint.

On another note, I would like to see the app retain its position on the screen after quit. I'm sure most users like to place the app in a parituclar position on their screen during work, but the app window returns to the center of the screen when reopened. This is uncommon behavior, at least on OS X.

Thanks!

Varun K Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
27 of 153

Hi Ivo,

I just downloaded the newer version of the app and I'm unable to install it on my computer. I use Windows Vista and I ran the .exe as an 'administrator' and disabled my anti-virus but the app just doesn't even appear when you double click the executable.

Can you please help me with this? I have installed the older version for now.

Cheers,

Varun

Maya C Member Since: Nov 8, 2015
28 of 153

Hi Ivo ! And everyoneSmiley Happy

I downloaded what appears to be a slim line version on my notebook and am wondering if I should have downloaded a more updated version as it only has a few features. No access to or notification from messages either?...

Maya.Calvert
Employee
29 of 153

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your input! I've noted both requests.

Thanks,
Ivo

Varun & Maya,

That is out of the ordinary. Can you file a support ticket at support.upwork.com? They'll be best positioned to help.

Thanks,

Ivo

Ramandeep K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
30 of 153

@Varun K wrote:

Hi Ivo,

I just downloaded the newer version of the app and I'm unable to install it on my computer. I use Windows Vista and I ran the .exe as an 'administrator' and disabled my anti-virus but the app just doesn't even appear when you double click the executable.

Can you please help me with this? I have installed the older version for now.

Cheers,

Varun

Hi Varun,

I am also facing exactly the same issue. No support help until now. Have you found any solution by chance? Please share.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS