cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Ace Contributor
Alexander K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
51 of 153

It is interresting thing. For my Linux they offer to download even beta version. Anybody knows who was alpha and betatesters of previous, a STABLE version of the time tracker for Linux? Why to be a betatester if there are no bug tracker and the STABLE version of the application is not usable?

Jill B Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
52 of 153

I've just submitted a request for help with the new Team App, because I'm a victim of the Windows 10 frozen start menu and can't access my control panel to uninstall the old app first. Has anyone got any suggestions? If you could fix the Windows 10 start thing that would be great too!

BTW When I tried to install the new app yesterday my Norton AV was pretty unhappy and removed it ASAP, like others have mentioned. I had to persuade Norton to accept it, but it still won't work until (apparently) I can uninstall the old one.

It would be a weight off my mind if Upwork would agree to delay the switchover to the new app until some of these problems have been sorted.

Jill

Employee
Ivo V Employee Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
53 of 153

Jill,

To uninstall the old Team App, go to the oDesk folder where you installed the app (usually in Program Files). Launch the oDesk team app uninstaller, and you shouldn’t have any problems. Please message me if anything else pops up.

While I understand your concerns about switching over to the new app, I’m unsure that we can delay the switchover, to be 100% honest.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
54 of 153

@Ivo V wrote:
I’m unsure that we can delay the switchover, to be 100% honest.

I wish you could, so many issues with the new one Smiley Sad

I’m still using the old one, and it’s working fine.

Employee
55 of 153

Hi Natasha,

Could you please send all issues you are facing to customer support so we’re able to act on them and make the fixes/improvements you’ve been asking for?

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
56 of 153

@Ivo V wrote:

Hi Natasha,

Could you please send all issues you are facing to customer support so we’re able to act on them and make the fixes/improvements you’ve been asking for?

Hi Ivo,

I'm not having any issues as I'm still using the old one, I was referring to the issues reported by other forum members, such as http://screencast.com/t/Fz5tX2aHy2A

Ace Contributor
57 of 153

Ivo. why you are making suggestions how to uninstall the old Team App when you still did not provide the key functionality of it in your new version?

Employee
58 of 153

Jill, Anshuman,

We’ve contacted Symantec to whitelist the application and we’ve received confirmation from them that application is whitelisted.

This is their feedback:

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

FA13810A92004F6A30312FE20AAC1B6F - UpworkSetup.exe

Whitelisting for above file is taking effect from now on.

Thanks for calling it out!

Ivo

Ace Contributor
59 of 153

Ivo, do you ignore me?

The bad made time tracker can make your busness unusable if you know I'm speaking about.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
60 of 153

Hey everyone thanks so much for your feedback. We value your suggestions and Ivo has spent a lot of time listening and taking note of your ideas and concerns. Like Vladimir mentioned, if you are having issues with the Team app or would like to provide additional feedback you will find a "send feedback" link in your Team App.

-Lena

Untitled