cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on the new Upwork Team App

Azan A Member Since: May 6, 2015
81 of 153

Hi Vladimir G,

This is not the case. I am using my account only. But still thank you for your reply. I posted a message after making my point simple and clear but that message got lost somewhere I do not know where.

I do not even have its copy.

Azan A Member Since: May 6, 2015
82 of 153

Simply my points were:

- Do the message pop up appears on top of screen as well? If tracker is on.

- I am not tracking or working. But my tracker app is logged in. Previously I was never used to bother to sign out of the app as there was not any security concerns on any important information. But this messaging functionality I would have to be more concerned.

So is not it better that the messages are password protected or up to you to either log in for that as well or not. There should be some settings that should be applied that would make it more secure.

- Will any member be able to see messages if he is working for my client under my Agency since there is dropdown that shifts to agency profile I noticed? 

It is more about asking the community what they think and sharing my thoughts. Messaging is good but it would have been more better if there are more security measures like password protection etc were taken into account. This is what I think. Because no one likes to login everytime. Just like if you try to visit Get Paid tab when you are away for a while. It either asks for a question or asks for password. 

Similar thing should have been there in the app that would have made it more secure.

Thanks

Poonam b Member Since: Dec 17, 2015
83 of 153

Hi Ivo, I downloaded latest team app. after installing, when I start it, I get error message as shown in attachment.

My internet is working well and all other sites, including upwork is accessible but new team app is throwing this error.

I tested with old team app, it is working fine.

Could you please suggest how to resolve this problem ?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
84 of 153

Hi Poonam,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Team App. Please check if your internet connection is stable, try to restart your Team App, and lastly uninstall and reinstall it.

If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket by clicking on your name at the bottom of the Team App and selecting "Contact Support".

Marek A Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
85 of 153

So again Support have got all that they need and dno't give any answers for week. And clock is ticking. 1 Jan is getting closer.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
86 of 153

@Poonam b wrote:

Hi Ivo, I downloaded latest team app. after installing, when I start it, I get error message as shown in attachment.

My internet is working well and all other sites, including upwork is accessible but new team app is throwing this error.

I tested with old team app, it is working fine.

Could you please suggest how to resolve this problem ?

The only solution I have found for this is the click on Advanced and clear the cache and let it reboot itself. Then everything opens fine. I am using Win 10 and this is a daily occurrance.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
87 of 153

Hi Jean, 

I'm sorry about the issue you're having with the Team App. If you get an error message again, can you please submit a Support ticket before clearing cache, and attache log files and user data files located in the following folders?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork\Logs

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork\UserData

You can also upload these files to Dropbox and just share the link in your ticket.

Thank you.

Lauran O Member Since: Dec 18, 2015
88 of 153

Hi Ivo

I'm new to Upwork and am working my first job.  The Job is hourly and I started this past Wednesday.  Can you instruct me as to how to log time for an hourly position.  Also, I'm in Greece and the job is in New York.  Thanks!  Lauran

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
89 of 153

Hi Lauran,

If you have been hired for the job and it shows in your My Job tab, it should also show in your Team App menu. You just select the job and click on the button to start tracking your time when you work.

Please check out this article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Chris H Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
90 of 153

Hey Ivo,

Another quick suggestion for the app.

In the Messages window, it would help to have a dedicated way to download files from within the app itself. Currently, clicking on files opens an external web browser to download them. Seems like an oversight.

At least with the website, I can right-click on files to download them, but I don't have that option in the app.

Thanks,
Chris

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS