cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Find Answers Quicker with New Community Chatbot

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 23

Have you seen our new Community Chat bot!?  You’ll find the bot floating at the bottom right corner of your screen.

We’ve heard from new Community users that it can be hard to get started here. There isn’t a “home page” with any guidance, so it’s up to the user to navigate their way. We are hoping this bot will not only help users understand how to get started in the forums, but also help all users find answers to common issues and concerns faster with its interactive search. The bot is smarter than a standard keyword search, you ask it questions and it will try to point you to the right answer and thread.

What can I ask it?

The Community bot works for general questions about how the Community forums work, how Upwork works, specific how-to questions, and troubleshooting common issues.

For example:

1. How do I post a thread?
  2. What is a Community Guru?
  3. How can I add another milestone to a contract?
  4. Can I have both a freelancer and client account?
  5. How do I track time with the Upwork app?
  6. Request a new feature

While the bot can answer a range of questions about how to use Upwork, please keep in mind it can’t answer account-specific questions. Please note that correct spelling and short, direct, single-topic questions work best. The bot is continually learning and new useful information is added on a regular basis.  Check out the bot and let us know what you think. We will be updating it regularly with more content.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Muhammad T Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
2 of 23

I am not able to click on chat bot.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 23

Hi Muhammad, 

Is the link unresponsive on your end? Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? I was unable to replicate your issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
Christopher B Member Since: Jul 11, 2015
4 of 23

Mr. Chat Bot doesn't work for me either. Robot Indifferent

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 23

Hi Christopher, 

Have you tried basic troubleshooting techniques such as clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists. 

@Christopher B wrote:

Mr. Chat Bot doesn't work for me either. Robot Indifferent

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 23

Despite having tried all the Vodoo formulas, charms and magic dances usually suggested by Upwork, no chatbot here neither when I click on it.

Chrome 69

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Did you skip the testing stage, again?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 23

Thanks for sharing your feedback Rene. Could you please pm me screenshots of the whole screen, one before and one after selecting the chatbot?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 23

Vlad, actually there wouldn't be anything to show. What's happening when I click the chatbot is that absolutely nothing happens. The chatbot rectangle is there:

Capture d’écran 2018-10-11 à 12.58.36.jpg

But when I click on it, nothing moves or happens at all.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
9 of 23

@Rene K wrote:

Vlad, actually there wouldn't be anything to show. What's happening when I click the chatbot is that absolutely nothing happens. The chatbot rectangle is there:

Capture d’écran 2018-10-11 à 12.58.36.jpg

But when I click on it, nothing moves or happens at all.

The same thing happens for me, i.e., nothing happens when I click on the icon. Chrome and Firefox are both up to date, and as Rene says, voodoo and black magic make no difference. 

Tanvin S Member Since: Nov 4, 2018
10 of 23