cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: As a newcomer, it is so hard to get first offer.

fengguochuan
Feng G Member Since: Jun 7, 2021
21 of 30

Update: I got my first job!!!

tilkausa
Ace Contributor
Mehedi Masum B Member Since: Apr 19, 2021
22 of 30

A great initiative by upwork, well done as we are begainner 

tilkausa
Ace Contributor
Mehedi Masum B Member Since: Apr 19, 2021
23 of 30

This is great opportunity for us. Thanks upwork

youssefbahaa
Community Guru
Youssef B Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
24 of 30

Is this feature still available? Because I am not sure that I can find the "Refer a Freelancer" Button in the invitations that I receive.Refer.JPG

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
25 of 30

Hi Youssef,

Please know that we're testing referrals with a limited amount of freelancers. Eventually, our plan is that every freelancer on Upwork will be able to refer someone for job invites.

~Andrea
Upwork
youssefbahaa
Community Guru
Youssef B Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
26 of 30

Thank you, Andrea, for your reply. I was asking because I wanted to refer another freelancer to this job post that I received an invitation to. I accepted the invitation and referred him to the client in the cover letter by introducing him properly and adding his Upwork profile link.

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
27 of 30

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Youssef,

Please know that we're testing referrals with a limited amount of freelancers. Eventually, our plan is that every freelancer on Upwork will be able to refer someone for job invites.

I like this idea but I really think freelancers need a way to chat with each other. Someone referred a client to me and the job wasn't the best fit so I declined it.  I felt terrible doing that - I do not know the person who referred me but I really wish he would have been able to contact me first and we could chat about it so that the client didn't get declined by him AND me. 

zohaumar
Community Leader
Zoha U Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
28 of 30

So excited for this offering! I have made so many people join Upwork and they struggle a bit initially, this will be a great opportunity for me to help them further by referring the jobs I don't do anymore. 

Keep up the good work, Upwork! 

puda
Ace Contributor
Lisa J Member Since: May 5, 2016
29 of 30

Hey Upwork,

Can you please do some proofreading on https://www.upwork.com/freelancer-referrals ?

Lots of words/punctuation/complete sentence missing.

"That means they considered who the client was looking for, and when they saw your "

"The action taken by the freelancer you refer "

"Referring a freelancer does not include a monetary bonus, but a referral can be helpful to both freelancers and clients:"

I also see some weird spacing.

Thanks.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
30 of 30

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll share this report with the team so that they can review the said errors. 

~ Joanne
Upwork