cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 24

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. I would love to clarify the issue with the job application quota. It used to be possible for freelancers to raise their job application quota to 25 by verifying their ID. Unfortunately, it is not an option now and maximum job application quota is 20. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 24
A quota of 20 job applications is fine.

If you work on your profile and carefully write cover letters, twenty is more than enough.

Twenty was even too many for me. It got me in trouble. I maxed out my quota, got about fifty percent response rate, with many job offers all at one time. I was not wise enough to turn down good offers when there were too many, and I ended up with too much work and too many clients.

I am still working on cutting back and limiting the number of clients I have at any one time, as that will be better for me and better for my clients.

If I had a job quota of only ten I would probably be perfectly fine (but don't change it, oDesk!)

My plan now, when I start applying to new jobs, is to continue to apply to many jobs, but withdraw applications once I have one or two current clients. For other clients, I will try to be honest about my schedule and limitations and ask them to look to other contractors for their needs, but if they really want to work with me, I will note take note and send them an oDesk message as soon as I have finished with a current client.
Muhammad R Member Since: Dec 24, 2014
13 of 24

Hello

I have 25 joob quoata and i am always trying to apply per day at least 10-17 ,but i am always failed to receive any interview message or invitation.  dont know why, i have 6900+ hours experience with 4.5+ feedback but still i am tired by applying 10-17 application per day...what i need to do ?

Thanks

Zohaib M Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
14 of 24

Change your hourly rate bro, It is silly rate according to your expertise!

Change rate you will definitley get the jobs!

Nader D Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
15 of 24

thanks for the videos ! (y)

that's what i needed to see ! 

but the problem is, im still a student, i have no employement expertise, no certifactes too, so i still find hard to start this 

greetings

Zohaib M Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
16 of 24

I love ODesk Smiley Happy

It works amazing!

Mohammed A Member Since: Feb 20, 2011
17 of 24

just got my first contract as audio collector on Google Chrome but am facing challenges to proceed. need help please

Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
18 of 24

Hi Mohammed,

You had already been responded in this Thread, you are required to input additional information regarding the nature of assistance required. Smiley Happy

Joel Z Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
19 of 24

What do I need to do to watch the "getting started" video? After clicking the link I get a page at youtube that reads "

"This video is private.

Sorry about that."

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
20 of 24

Sorry about that Joel. We're working on some updates to outdated videos and made this one private. We'll remove the link from our post.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS