cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancers can now edit their saved job searches

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 35

We have now released the ability for freelancers to edit and revise their saved searches. Previously, when a freelancers created a job search on the Find Work page, and saved it, they were unable to view the details of their search or edit/revise it. As a result, freelancers were forced to create a new search each time they wanted to make a change. 

We found this to be a dissatisfying user experience and have since updated the process. With the new release, when hovering over a title under Saved Searches you will see icons to edit or delete a search. When editing, freelancers can view the filters of their search and modify them whenever they like.

See screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 7.11.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 7.11.51 AM.png

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Sergey S Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 35

There is one usability issue: in order to save modified search under the name I gave to it already I have to retype search name EXACTLY like it's been named earlier. I do not want to add one more search to my list under the name suggested by default when I hit save search.

Overall, we have great feature implemented in hurry.

Just have a look at the number of actions one have to do in order to modify a search:

1. Hit Find Work from dropdown

2. Do void search

3. Scroll down to see a list of all my saved searches

4. Click on a search I would like to modify (this performs the search and gives access to filters are forming this search on the left)

5. Modify the search

6. Click Save Search and type the name AGAIN.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 35

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Just to clarify, it's not necessary to retype the name as the existing one is already shown after clicking the Save Search link. Are you seeing anything differently?

Also, there's no need to type in the name again after saving the search parameters, as the recent changes have already been registered in the job feed.

Please feel free to share more details about these two steps in case we're not using the same steps when editing a saved job search.

Ace Contributor
4 of 35

- - - -

Are you seeing anything differently?

- - - -

Yes, it suggest to use a different name. For an example, if I edit one of my searches named 'Design - All' and hit Save after I'm ok with edits, it suggest to save the search under 'Design & Creative / Graphic Design, Illustration, Logo Design & Branding, Presentations, Other - Design & Creative' name which obviously is way too long, 98characters and 17 words.

-------

Besides, I'm not informed the search is saved each time I do minor change. People like to have control over something they interact with, so I was expecting either to save by myself once I'm done with edits or see some sort of a notification of something like 'the search you edited is not saved, would you like to save it?'.

What is the point in saving each edit having no clue if the user is ok with edits or not? Also, there is no easy way to say if the search is already saved as there are quite a lot of parameters affect search to tell the difference.

The way I have to set name for the edited search is something I could live with, but the fact I have to do void search and load saved search from the bottom of the page before editing it and saving is looking not really user friendly.

Ace Contributor
5 of 35

There is something went wrong when I hit Send another reply to this thread.

Here is what I was trying to say:

I'm getting 

'Sorry, we couldn't find any jobs matching this saved search.'

message each time I hit My Job Feed or any of the individual saved searches. I believe this happened after I renamed saved searches via the popup appearing on Pencil Icon click (see Lena's screenshot).

Excitement is replaced by disappointment…

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
6 of 35

Hi Sergey,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 35

Hi Lena,

I'll try to replicate that case tomorrow and let you know if there is still the issue.

Ace Contributor
8 of 35

Hi Lena,

I tried to do this several times and here is the result:

Individually, some of the searches are able to survive after being renamed, others show no jobs.

Overall, if I broke one of the search out of the several I have by renaming it then I get no jobs under My Job Feed but still can load jobs under not broken by this rename searches.

Are there any people experiencing same thing?

Employee
Tam L Employee Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
9 of 35

Sergey - let me look into this further. 

Apologies for the trouble. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 35

Lena,

I see no ability to edit my saved searches under "My Job Feed" - only the icon to delete it. What am I missing?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS