cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancers can now edit their saved job searches

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
11 of 35

Hi Virginia, hmm that is odd. Can you verify that you are not seeing the icon when looking under "saved searches", not "recent searches".

Thanks!

Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 35

Hi Virginia,

When you run any search, you'll be able to see your saved searches at the bottom left of the page. The edit icon will appear there.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 35

Well - I thought you were saying the searches could be edited from the list of saved searches under my job feed, which would make sense.

But in order to get to "saved searches", I actually have to start a new search. Seems rather counter-productive.

ETA: And the only thing I can edit is the name. I'll try another browser to see if that does anything.

This is all I see in Firefox and Safari

Screen shot 2017-01-06 at 12.24.59 PM.png

What am I missing?

Ace Contributor
Sergey S Member Since: May 6, 2015
14 of 35

- - - - -

Seems rather counter-productive.

- - - - -

yup, that is a very true.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
15 of 35

If I'm not mistaken, this feature used to be there on oDesk/early Upwork, then it was taken away and now it's back again?

I remember having saved searches a couple of years ago.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 35

Hi Isabelle Anne,

Freelancers have been able to save searches for a while on oDesk and Upwork. However, until recently they would need to delete saved search and save it again if they wanted to change it. Now freelancers can edit it as well.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
17 of 35

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying...

Highlighted
Employee
Tam L Employee Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
18 of 35

"Seems rather counter-productive." 

Agreed. Let me fix this. 

Some background: The FWH page, as is, makes things a tad bit more complicated for this feature, so we wanted to see if people were even using the feature. 

Thanks everyone for your feedback, will be incorporating soon-ish. Can't provide an estimate at this time because I don't know all the technical hurdles yet. 

Hope everyone is having a good New Year!

- tam

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 35

Thanks Tam, but frankly, I think it's just as easy to do a new search, save it, and delete the old one. I'm not sure this feature is all that useful or necessary. 

Ace Contributor
Bronson L Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
20 of 35

Unfortunately saving a "Title Search" is still broken.

When you do an Advanced Search and enter your search criteria in the "Title Search" field, you will see a list of jobs that contain that search term in the title. (so this part works - great)

Now, click "save search" and upwork will let you know that "Saving this search will save the query and all the filters that are currently applied." (ok, that's what I want)

Ok, Name your search, click "save" 

Upwork will notify you "Success, your search criteria was saved" (or something like that)

BUT ....

When you go back to your job feed and click on that saved search you will see every job listed on upwork with no filters applied. 

I put in a support request about this issue and they told me to clear my cookies Smiley LOL 

Test it yourself, you'll see. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS