🐈
» Support » Resources » Product Release Notes » Freelancers can propose new contracts with ex...
Page options

Freelancers can propose new contracts with existing clients

lenaellis
Community Member

A few months ago, we invited some of you to try a new function that lets freelancers suggest follow-up projects with clients you’ve worked with before.

We heard some great feedback from users here in the forums and through other communication channels.  You told us that although this was a good idea, you would rather propose a new contract on the Upwork site instead of through an email link as we were providing. You also wanted freelancers to have the ability to create a contract for hourly or fixed-price projects, which clients could simply review and approve.

We thought this would be a good idea too, and would perhaps reduce the friction that we sometimes hear from clients and freelancers when trying to rehire for another job. So, in the coming weeks we’ll be releasing a new feature that gives freelancers the ability to propose a new contract with an existing client, straight from the My Jobs page.

Freelancers, once you’ve discussed further opportunities and projects with your client and have agreed on starting a new contract, you can send them a proposed contract by clicking the “Propose New Contract” button from a contract in your My Jobs or All Contracts pages.

freelancerrehire.png

The contract form allows freelancers to set up the contract as hourly or fixed price with proposed milestones. Clients can then simply accept, decline or edit the proposal which will then send an offer back to the freelancer.

contractfreelance rehire.png

Thanks for your feedback, we hope you enjoy this new feature. Let us know if you have any questions.

48 Comments
bwest_design
Community Member

Seems like a very useful feature, but I tried to use it with a client today and got the "access denied" page after clicking to propose a new contract. Any idea what the problem could be?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Brett,

Thanks for letting us know. Let me escalate this issue for further investigation.

bwest_design
Community Member

I appreciate it, Valeria!

rafaelart
Community Member

It would be nice if there was a function to edit the text of the proposal and add files after the submission of the proposal. And not only the cost.

rcegono11
Community Member

Hello vladimir,

My client has two active contracts with me, will he be able to merge the two contracts?because they have the same contract agreement, they only differ in hourly rate,or shall he end the previous contract?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Unfortunately, you won't be able to merge the two contracts, Rolando. You can have the client end one of the contracts and use the other one.

greenb27
Community Member

Why is it disabled in agency contracts?  Any plan to deploy it in the future for agency contracts?

greenb27
Community Member

Why is it disabled in agency contracts?  Any plan to deploy it in the future for agency contracts?

melaniemaghanoy
Community Member

Hi Emelito,

Currently, this feature is not yet avaialble for agencies but we will send this feedback to our product team for review. We appreciate your feedback.

greenb27
Community Member

Seems to be deployed for agencies now. 🙂 - Thanks!