cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancers can propose new contracts with existing clients

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 46

A few months ago, we invited some of you to try a new function that lets freelancers suggest follow-up projects with clients you’ve worked with before.

We heard some great feedback from users here in the forums and through other communication channels.  You told us that although this was a good idea, you would rather propose a new contract on the Upwork site instead of through an email link as we were providing. You also wanted freelancers to have the ability to create a contract for hourly or fixed-price projects, which clients could simply review and approve.

We thought this would be a good idea too, and would perhaps reduce the friction that we sometimes hear from clients and freelancers when trying to rehire for another job. So, in the coming weeks we’ll be releasing a new feature that gives freelancers the ability to propose a new contract with an existing client, straight from the My Jobs page.

Freelancers, once you’ve discussed further opportunities and projects with your client and have agreed on starting a new contract, you can send them a proposed contract by clicking the “Propose New Contract” button from a contract in your My Jobs or All Contracts pages.

freelancerrehire.png

The contract form allows freelancers to set up the contract as hourly or fixed price with proposed milestones. Clients can then simply accept, decline or edit the proposal which will then send an offer back to the freelancer.

contractfreelance rehire.png

Thanks for your feedback, we hope you enjoy this new feature. Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
2 of 46

excellent feature!

Ace Contributor
MD Rasel S Member Since: Apr 3, 2016
3 of 46

Very helpful feature but still now features are not available. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 46

Hi MD Rasel, 

If you're referring to the feature from this announcement, it scheduled to be released in the next few weeks.

Ace Contributor
MD Rasel S Member Since: Apr 3, 2016
5 of 46

Thank you, Vladimir G.

Rolando Jr G Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
6 of 46

Hello vladimir,

My client has two active contracts with me, will he be able to merge the two contracts?because they have the same contract agreement, they only differ in hourly rate,or shall he end the previous contract?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 46

Unfortunately, you won't be able to merge the two contracts, Rolando. You can have the client end one of the contracts and use the other one.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Yurguen B Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
8 of 46

Great! I was waiting for this and now I'm looking forward to it!

Community Leader
Kim W Member Since: Dec 10, 2015
9 of 46

Lena, there should be away to propose contracts to anyone that we Upwork message with and not just those that we have have worked with previously.  I have found that after messaging with people in order to learn more about their project needs that the next step is to propose the terms of a contract.  Being able to immediately propose contract terms to them in a way that they can easily accept would be a great additional feature.

Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 46

Thanks for your feedback, Kim. We'll take it into consideration.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS