cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancers can propose new contracts with existing clients

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
11 of 46

I could not agree with Kim more on this - especially for clients who are brand new to the platform.

For example, I have a prospect who is asking for a few pages of "rough" layout mock-up, but she doesn't know how to handle hiring me for a finite trial instead of the whole project. If I could set up a contract for her and all she had to do was approve it, I could have the work done already instead of waiting for her to figure out how to do it on her end.

The same goes with closing contracts - we should be able to take care of this kind of administrative stuff for clients with actions that they can just approve, and not get hit on our JSS for offering a higher level of convenience as part of our services.

More tools to help freelancers help clients are always good.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
12 of 46

Hi Everyone,

This week we are rolling out this feature more broadly. Most of you should now or soon see the "Propose a New Contract" button on your My Jobs page, All Contracts page and in your Messages. 

Thanks!

Untitled
Community Leader
Kim W Member Since: Dec 10, 2015
13 of 46

Lena, by "messaging" does that mean we can propose a contract to anyone that we message with?  I had two instances in the past couple of weeks where this feature could have been used and would have given the client an enhanced Upwork user experience.  Instead, they had to cut and paste my proposal into an Offer.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 46

Kim and Bruce,

It's currently only possible for freelancers to propose a contract to clients they worked with before. We do appreciate your feedback though and will be sharing it with the team.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
15 of 46

Hi Lena,

This is perfect, specially for us that came from Elance and asked for this... I notice that the "View Contract" button is replaced by the new one, I still would like to have access to the "View Contract" button... sometimes we have to have a look at the past project info.

Wilson 

16 of 46

Wilson,

You should be able to click on the contract title to view the contract details page.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
17 of 46

Hi Valeria, I mean from the messages, workroom. 

18 of 46

I see what you mean, Wilson. The button to View Contract is still available in Messages if the contract is active. If the contract has been closed already it's replaced with Propose New Contract button. I'll share your feedback with the team as well. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
19 of 46

Exactly! You know what, we should have both opions all the time since sometimes one project is still open and client asks to open a new one. 

Thank you! 

Ace Contributor
20 of 46

Wow that's quick, are you already testing this? In some workroom I am getting both options now :-) 

UPDATE: I see a big issue here, actually it's like if two buttoms from my top workroom have mixed... and when I try to propose a new project for the current client, it takes me to do it for the client just below in the list, please check that, I am happy to provide more details. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS