cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancers can propose new contracts with existing clients

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
21 of 46

Hi Wilson, 

Thanks for sharing us your update here. I'll have someone from the customer support team reach out to you so that you can share your experience to them in detail. In the meantime, may I ask that you please take screen grabs of the issues you are experiencing so that you can share it to the team. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
22 of 46

You are welcome! Sure, check this one. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
23 of 46

Hi Wilson, 

Thanks for sharing it here. I had to edit it because it contained your complete name on it. But I'll make sure to share this with the team for their reference.

-Avery
Untitled
Kishan S Member Since: May 17, 2018
24 of 46

It would be great if we can select programming skills required when we prupose new contract to client or creating on behalf of them. As many time client wants work in wordpress but they select only PHP in programming skills/ languages required.

Ace Contributor
Letizia F Member Since: Mar 18, 2012
25 of 46

Fantastic! I'll look forward to it. I know for sure that this feature will be VERY appealing to many clients, who will find things easier this way in Upwork.

Community Leader
Bruce D Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
26 of 46

This is an excellent new feature.   There are clients who would just as soon not have to handle this chore themselves.

Once it's been working for a while, perhaps Upwork could consider extending it to apply to new clients with whom the freelancer has exchanged messages, as Kim suggested.  

Douglas W Member Since: Jul 25, 2016
27 of 46
Thanks for adding this. Have already used it so we shall see how this goes! Nice one
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
28 of 46

Michael's post and Avery's response both raise a bunch of questions for me (not having used this feature).

Since it's brand new, how can we know that proposals aren't usually approved "at the first go"?

If the client doesn't like the specific terms, doesn't the client have the option of making a different offer, as he would if this were a proposal submitted in response to a job posting?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 46

@Tiffany S wrote:

If the client doesn't like the specific terms, doesn't the client have the option of making a different offer, as he would if this were a proposal submitted in response to a job posting?

Exactly... when setting up the offer the client can edit it to reflect what was discussed.

I would hazard a guess that most of those "propose a new contract" things are created following some preliminary discussions and things are pretty much decided at the stage of it being sent. I hope freelancers won't use this feature to bombard clients with tons of spurious  "Give me Job Please Sir!" proposals.

In cases where there are changes decided upon during the discussions following the proposal the client can work them into the offer.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
30 of 46

@Petra R wrote:

I hope freelancers won't use this feature to bombard clients with "Give me Job Please Sir!" proposals.

This was my first fear when I saw the feature had been added.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS