Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancers can propose new contracts with existing clients

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 46

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

I hope freelancers won't use this feature to bombard clients with "Give me Job Please Sir!" proposals.

This was my first fear when I saw the feature had been added.

Mine too and if it happens that feature will vanish faster than you can write "spam!"

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 46

@Petra R wrote:

I hope freelancers won't use this feature to bombard clients with tons of spurious  "Give me Job Please Sir!" proposals.

Hi Petra,

Our Product team considered this eventuality and in addition to declining a proposed contract, clients will also be able to use the checkbox option and block the freelancer from proposing further contracts.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
33 of 46

@Tiffany S wrote:

If the client doesn't like the specific terms, doesn't the client have the option of making a different offer, as he would if this were a proposal submitted in response to a job posting?

Hi Tiffany,

Yes, clients do have an option to edit the contract proposal they receive, in addition to approving it, declining it, ignoring it or communicating with the freelancer before they take any of the above actions.

Emelito A Member Since: Nov 5, 2014
34 of 46

Great feature! I seldom participate in community discussions. This feature is really worth my kudos and my time in providing feedback. Smiley Happy

35 of 46

Why is it disabled in agency contracts?  Any plan to deploy it in the future for agency contracts?

Brett W Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
36 of 46

Seems like a very useful feature, but I tried to use it with a client today and got the "access denied" page after clicking to propose a new contract. Any idea what the problem could be?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
37 of 46

Hi Brett,

Thanks for letting us know. Let me escalate this issue for further investigation.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Brett W Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
38 of 46

I appreciate it, Valeria!

Rafael M Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
39 of 46

It would be nice if there was a function to edit the text of the proposal and add files after the submission of the proposal. And not only the cost.

40 of 46

Why is it disabled in agency contracts?  Any plan to deploy it in the future for agency contracts?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS