cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Frequently Asked Questions on TOS changes regarding information sharing and interviews

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
541 of 894

OK but no answer on what happens if Upwork call feature doesn't work or if the pot doesn't want to use Upwork call feature prior to contract? :/ The mods here are letting me down.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
542 of 894

Tom Z wrote:

OK but no answer on what happens if Upwork call feature doesn't work or if the pot doesn't want to use Upwork call feature prior to contract? :/ The mods here are letting me down.

No, Upwork is letting you down. This particular question (which has been asked multiple times 6 ways to Sunday) is not being addressed because the answer would indicate something Upwork does not want us to be aware of.

The Mods just pass along what they are allowed to say. 

Highlighted
Danny B Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
543 of 894

But why???

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
544 of 894

Danny B wrote:

But why???

Upwork levies a service charge when clients hire you - that's how they're able to pay for the services they provide to us (as several people have already explained to you in your other thread). If clients can contact you directly by clicking on your website link, then obviously Upwork won't earn any money; therefore, this is not permitted.

Highlighted
Tatyana N Member Since: Feb 13, 2019
545 of 894

This new "no communication" outside of Upwork prior to contract just cost me an interview - I got an invite - submitted a proposal - then I was asked about my availability for an interview - I politely explained that we can talk, just thru Upwork platform - and the response was "I am withdrawing my offer to interview. Going with someone smoother. Have hired on the platform many times in the past".  

Highlighted
Ralph D Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
546 of 894

Yeah, things go 'funny' now. I decided to attach a legal disclaimer at the end of my  proposals giving the link to TOS 7.2 and saying that any intentially or unintentialy given contact information in my proposal is not meant and should not used to contact me outside of upwork. Since, it looks like these potential clients have not even logged in again as there is no activity on this job offers at all.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
547 of 894

Tatyana N wrote:

This new "no communication" outside of Upwork prior to contract just cost me an interview - I got an invite - submitted a proposal - then I was asked about my availability for an interview - I politely explained that we can talk, just thru Upwork platform - and the response was "I am withdrawing my offer to interview. Going with someone smoother. Have hired on the platform many times in the past".  

How unfortunate. This is only the first of much more to come. Please continue to share your experiences with the Community. Maybe somedaynever Upwork will realize the futility of this change.

Highlighted
Community Guru
548 of 894

I've said this before, but next and everytime I bid on jobs from now on, I'm adding a line about the new TOS, and the link to the support page and TOS. 

Furthermore, if and when a perspective customer DOES get back to me, I will remind them, and ALSO point out it's something WE ALL are supposed to do. Anyone worth them hiring will be watching their own butt's exactly the same way.

Highlighted
Community Guru
549 of 894

Tatyana N wrote:

Horrible, just horrible.

Highlighted
McKay S Member Since: Oct 19, 2018
550 of 894

Is anyone at Upwork going to be held accountable if this goes terribly wrong?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS