cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently Asked Questions on TOS changes regarding information sharing and interviews

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
521 of 931

Hi Bojana,

To clarify, are you referring to one of the processes included in this Help article or are you referring to a process we haven't addressed in the Community and in the Help article?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
522 of 931

Hi Vlad, yep, the same. I'm glad to see they're included in an official help section, that's something.

I still think it would've been more straightforward to include an exception clause in the actual legally binding document though.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
523 of 931
I emailed Upwork for an exception due to disability weeks ago and never received any response. You've had plenty of time to respond. So it seems Upwork is comfortable violating the ADA. Please follow up on my email. I don't need to deal with filing a DOJ complaint.
Highlighted
524 of 931

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry about your experience. I'll check with our team if your request was received and make sure you receive an update as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
525 of 931

Bojana D wrote:

Happy new ToS day!

As expected - promised exceptions are not included in the actual final ToS text, meaning that all of us that need to send links will still be technically violating rules with every proposal, and we rely solely on the good will of Upwork and first-level support to remember, refer, or choose to apply said exceptions, laid out in a forum post. Cheers.

Happy TOS day! Let the gammmmmes begin! I'm only here for the drama.

Highlighted
Kevin C Member Since: Nov 10, 2015
526 of 931

How do I disable my profile for new work? I remember seeing somewhere.

I just don't have time to figure out these new terms and services. I just don't want to accept any more new work, so I don't have to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

Highlighted
527 of 931

Hi Kevin,

I understand the apprehension users have when a company's TOS is being updated. Note that we have summarized the changes and scenarios which were brought up and discussed in the Community in this Help article. Note that while you can opt not to submit proposals/accept invites for the time being, we are here and will be happy to assist with any questions you might have about these changes. 

Highlighted
528 of 931

Yeah,

These new TOS just have too many problems. Can you send me a link to explain how to stop accepting new work.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sean S Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
529 of 931

Kevin C wrote:

Yeah,

These new TOS just have too many problems. Can you send me a link to explain how to stop accepting new work.

Super sad to see Upwork not care about another overwhelmingly successful freelancer. Infuriating really.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you go to your main profile, you can hover over availability, then click the edit (pencil) icon and select 'Not Available', as shown below. All the best to you, Kevin.

profile-avail.JPG

profile-avail-select.JPG

Highlighted
530 of 931

Thanks that's what I was looking for. I'm officially no longer available for new work. Once I finish the projects that I have I'm taking my agency elsewhere. Where we have the freedom to make money the way we know how and do what works for us.

I really just enjoyed Upwork handling the collection of money for me. That's all I was really paying for but there are other tools that don't tell me how to run my business that do that as well.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS