cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently Asked Questions on TOS changes regarding information sharing and interviews

f7fbb1a1
Emmanuel S Member Since: Jan 23, 2021
1021 of 1,025

ok thank you for that info.

manishasoni86
Manisha S Member Since: Feb 4, 2021
1022 of 1,025

How do i know if proposal is legit to accept?  I am new and this is going to be my first time.  I submitted proposal and reply back with following.  Not sure is it legit?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1023 of 1,025

Hi Manisha,

Please know that it is against the Upwork's TOS for clients to request your contact information

We find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result the potential for these behaviors to cause harm decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
78d02271
Violet I Member Since: Feb 5, 2021
1024 of 1,025

Assuming you’ve applied for a job on a freelancing platform (such as Upwork or **Edited for Community Guidelines**) and
the client responds, but requests you to give him/her your phone number or email address, how
you’d you respond to the request?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1025 of 1,025

Hi Violet.

Please keep in mind that communicating outside of Upwork before you`re hired on an official contract is a violation of our TOS. Once an official contract is formed you and your client/s can use another communication method.
If a client asks you to communicate outside of Upwork you can remind them that this is in violations of our TOS. You can also always use our flagging option to report this, or share the details with us, Moderators, via PM (click on our names). Thank you.

Untitled