Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Good Fit available to all freelancers

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
41 of 116

Hi Garnor,

I want to be fair I will give it a few days and see if its working for me. But at this time its still not working.

Thanks in Advance

Ian

Highlighted
Community Guru
42 of 116

oDesk

Can you confirm that the system for Best Fit is working for all freelancers on oDesk or does this take some time to update the system. As I said earlier its not working for me. Which is very worrying......

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
43 of 116

Hi Ian,

I've confirmed the Good Fit feature is available for all freelancers at this time. We took a look at your case specifically and in a quick search for video editor jobs we found several jobs for which you are noted as a good fit on the first page of results.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
44 of 116

I am still not lucky to have Good FIt on any of my list  even if i am top rated according to Odesk calculations.Really dont understand what's going on!

Highlighted
Community Guru
45 of 116

Hi Garnor,

Update:

The Good Fit seems to be working in a limited way meaning with my oDesk profile i should have more than one or two Good Fits a day don't you think?

Thanks

Ian

Community Guru
46 of 116

Hi Garnor

Thank you for checking my case! It means a lot! Not sure why I have not seen more Good Fit badges.

Best

Ian

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
47 of 116

oDesk should stop making decisions instead of our clients. Let them choose the best person for their job and give all freelancers the same chance. If 30 freelancers apply for a job, it will take around 3-5 minutes for a client to shortlist the best candidates. Why should your algorithm give someone a better chance to get a job?

We have all seen that the system doesn't work, so just stop implementing it. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
48 of 116

ok, I'm officially an idiot, lol

I was looking for a 'good fit' icon on the job list (search). The icon good fit appears when you click on the job (in the RFP) - right next to the title

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
49 of 116

As usual I am a bit late to the party. I'm not looking for work right now, but for giggles I did the following:

1. Looked at all personally relevent jobs via the Recommended list. There were only two relevant jobs and neither had the Good Fit badge.

2. Looked at one of my other filtered job searches, and out of 19 relavent jobs, only one had the Good Fit badge. If I had been looking for work, I would have applied to that one even if the Good Fit badge wasn't shwoing.

I'm guessing that one of the reasons I am NOT seeing the Good Fit badge is that about 6-9 months ago I transitioned from offering general services in the Administrative categagory to another (specific category) in Administrative.

Of course, probably the Mad Robot just doesn't know what to do with all these recent changes, and this affects all of us long term oDesk users in different ways.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
50 of 116

Well I am not going to write my big long post I did and get an error message after I spent the time writing it.

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Anyways I did say I found a couple low ball jobs with a Good Match for Executive Assistant but his best freelancer was bragging she got a raise from $3.00 an hour to $3.10 and was all excited. And the rest of the jobs he had awarded with fixed price under $25.00 .. Don't think so
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS