Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Fit available to all freelancers

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
111 of 116

@Preston H wrote:

I think the challenges in making this work are immense

Oh, there's no question of that.  It may even be impossible without a major overhaul.  That's why I've said in other threads that I'd have no problem giving oDesk a 20% cut if they revamped the system to actually provide features that are actually useful.

I'm not volunteering your services and I realize you probably don't have time, nor am I predicting that oDesk would ask you.

Heh.  They've seen fit to delete some of my more critical posts.  It's fair to say they've done the opposite of ask for my help.  Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
112 of 116

@Suzanne N wrote:

because you don't have enough hours on oDesk

This, I'm fairly sure, is the reason.  Just like I don't have a success score and didn't even have a star rating until recently.  And so I understand why I'm also probably being excluded from the Good Fit pool.  But I won't pretend that it isn't yet another negative for me on a system like oDesk which already heavily favors long-time freelancers in so many ways.

You and Preston work specialized areas at a much higher rate then a lot of people on oDesk, so it may not be so much you aren't a good fit but that you are so specialized and there are only so many people looking for what you do.

I would say more that we're experienced and highly skilled.  Yes, that means we've probably done some of our work in more specialized areas, but it's not like I've come here expecting every job to be on the cutting edge.  Just like in the work I find outside of oDesk, I'm fulling ready to do a fair number of mundane chores.  My issue with oDesk remains that the system is structured for stagnation rather than renewal, and these recent new rules seem to be going further in the wrong direction.

The other thing here is you are not being forced or penalized to apply for a job that does not have the good fit.

I am if someone else gets the Good Fit bump despite being less qualified than I am.  I am if it has me wasting my precious few Connects.  But it's oDesk's platform to do as they please.  I only came here at the beginning of the year to try something new, and I'll stay until oDesk makes things completely unworkable for me.

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
113 of 116

Hi all,

Thanks for the input here. We've made an update to this feature that I think you'll all be interested in. Please check out our recent announcement here

priscilla s Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
114 of 116

Hello there,

I just need to get some information about this new Odesk feature called "Good Fit". It is a badge which if you see it in a project you want to apply to, it means that you can apply to that job without lowering the percentage of your stat. My problem here is, I dont merely know how Odesk know if I am a good fit or not to that specific project posted by a client. I have clicked and viewed many projects posted that is almost the same as my previous jobs from clients but the "Good fit" badge just doesn't show and I am so annoyed why Odesk is doing this. Because of this i got limited job applications and I have no projects to apply to because of this pathetic move of Odesk. What will happen to newly registered freelancers if you will prevent us from applying to jobs we can actually do and we are capable of? Please I badly need an answer because this is too annoying. Thanks.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
115 of 116

Don't worry too much over it, they're discontinuing the feature. Click

Muhammad A Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
116 of 116

I am top rated but I am not on featured pages ..Before becoming a Top rated I used to receive Job Interviews but now I don't ..Why is that ?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS