cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Fit available to all freelancers

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
61 of 116

Maybe just once would do John. I got invited and good-fitted to a Polish language job just because I had the   polish on my profile somewhere.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
62 of 116

This should probably be in "Coffee Break" forum but I had such a good laugh that I would be a good fit for customer service for a male enhancement product ... I am sorry I hate sales and sure don't want to be selling male enhancements, but i had a really good laugh... Thanks oDesk...

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
63 of 116

For my own piece of mind, I'm going to just pretend Suzanne made a spelling error, and that a "mail enhancement product" is an add-on for Microsoft Outlook.

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
64 of 116

Lol, after reading your post I went back and read the Suzanne's post. Had a good laugh.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
65 of 116

Ok, I finally found one. I am a good fit for a Sales Executive job that looks for Singaporean & PR only (Fresh graduates or ORD are welcome) that was posted 6 days ago and is looking to hire "freelancers with the lowest rates". I am from neither location. I don't know what ORD means but I am pretty sure I am not it. There is barely a job description but somehow oDesk figured I am a good fit? How? You're kidding, right? How many poor examples are needed to get you to go back to the drawing board and stop this feature until fixed?

Edited to add: Of course if I applied to this regardless, and wouldn't be selected because I don't meet the location or rate criteria, I would also see my marketing effectiveness and other scores go down. If I apply to a job I am a good fit for but don't see the badge, and someone else who came with the recommended badge despite not being a good fit applies, I would see my stats suffer too, so there's just no winning. I'd actually prefer a completely random system because I feel my chances of succeeding would be higher.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
66 of 116

I don't see Good fit for jobs I am a good fit. Isn't that wonderful. 

67 of 116

It seems that I do not see it for any of the jobs now. May me shortage of the badge due to the allocation for other freelancers now. Smiley Very Happy

Seriously guys. You should give priority fixing the “Good fit” badge. It impacts the clients and the freelancers a lot. Probably more than the star rating or job success!

Weeks ago a client directly hired me and deposited 60% of the budget as down payment without even interviewing me. Just for the “Good fit” badge.
I had to hold the offer and discuss with the client before accepting the offer.

With another job client just interviewed me and quickly hired me without even interviewing anyone else. Both was the influence of the badge.
Yes both the clients were extremely happy to see the work done. But it could have been otherwise!

Now that the badge is gone for me looks like the interviews are also gone!

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
68 of 116

Hi Rahatur,

Are you saying that because of the Good Fit badge, which by the way is not visibile to clients, you were quickly identified, hired and paid by clients to whom you delivered work? That sounds like the feature really helped in identifying a job post that led to a working job for you. I'm confused why that's a bad thing.

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
69 of 116

Hi Garnor,

you are right. It did help me to apply to some jobs some of which lead to immediate hiring. And most of the jobs resulted in interviewing. It’s was working good.
In some cases some of the jobs were not a good fit compare to other jobs as some of the freelancers already pointed out.

It is not a bad thing. But wrong indication and someone who is not a good fit but appearing as a good fit may lead the clients choosing wrong persons. And it does seems to have disappeared for me.

And why is it not visible to clients? On the tooltip of the green “Good Fit” badge it used to say “If you apply… you are likely to stand out…” something like that! I thought it did have an influence on the clients!

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
70 of 116

Hi Garnor,

I think if you are able to get the Good Fit working accurately the client should be able to see the badge too. Or another option if the freelancer has been awarded the Good Fit badge for that application. Let the freelancer choose if they want to show the Good Fit badge or not to the client when they submit their application.

I am saying this because it would be a help for the client too......

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS