cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Fit available to all freelancers

Dan Marti M Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
81 of 116

I obtained a good profile but I wonder why I can't see those badge. Before many clients sent me job invitation but recently no more. WHY?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
82 of 116

Garnor - you said you would look into this. Do you have any idea why I am not a good fit for any job posted except for one that looks for people in Singapore or Puerto Rico, when I am in neither location? Thanks

Ranzu A Member Since: Jul 21, 2011
83 of 116

Hello,

This is Ranzu Alam, I am Platinum Category Freelancer, at Presents my Feedback Score is 4.89, Client Satisfaction Score is 92% total working hours 7000+

But I am not getting yet now "Good Fit Badge" on any job application. So I want to know whats the problem and when I will see "Good Fit Badge" at my profile. Please advice me about the Problem.

Thanks

Ranzu

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
84 of 116

Krisztina: Maybe oDesk thinks you kind of have that "Singaporean/Puerto Rican vibe" goin' on.

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
85 of 116

Hi Garnor,

Good Fit at this time does not seem to be working very good for me and others! Can we have a update on what oDesk is doing to fix this?

Thanks......

Community Guru
86 of 116

re: "Good Fit at this time does not seem to be working very good for me and others! Can we have a update on what oDesk is doing to fix this?"

David,

"Good Fit" is not "broken," so it can not be "fixed."

You may think "Good Fit doesn't work well at all for me" or even "Good Fit works terribly."

But from a programming perspective, these are different things than "Good Fit is broken."

The more accurate way to look at this is:

ODesk is committed to continuing to use Good Fix, and continuing to improve it.

It is not always working well for you, but it is working for others.

ODesk will continue to work to improve it, because the better they can get Good Fit to work, the more they can increase client satisfaction and that's good for clients, good for contractors, and good for the bottom line.

Keep in mind this:

ODesk does NOT make any money from time you spend looking for jobs.

ODesk does NOT make any money from jobs you apply to and and don't get hired for.

ODesk does NOT make any money when clients post jobs and none of the applicants seem appropriate so the client doesn't hire them.

But if ODesk can put exactly the right job in front of you, and you apply to it and a pleased cient hires you and you do work for the client? THAT is a very profitable prospect for oDesk.

So, yes, I have faith in oDesk's commitment to continuing to improve Good Fit.

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
87 of 116

Hi Preston,

Then I guess the question should be why bring something to oDesk that does not work great in the first place?.....

Community Guru
88 of 116
Ian David John, the Good Fit feature was tested with small subsets of contractors for a long time before being applied to everybody. ODesk made it as good as it could before doing so. But there are extreme limits to how much it could be tested before deploying, due to the inherent social, human aspects of the system. In order to improve it , the system needs to be in use, and evaluated and monitored.

ODesk will probably be adding a feedback mechanism attached to Good Fit badges that will allow contractors to report reasons a job with the badge is NOT a good fit, and they will use feedback to improve the Good Fit algorithms.

Also, if oDesk is not already using stochastic machine learning principles heavily in its algorithm, then eventually it will. These are concepts that have effectively been used in places such as Google Translate, Amazon.com book recommendations, optical character recognition, spam filtering and Netflix movie recommendations.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
89 of 116

So it will probably go like this:

Algorithm decidedes on a good fit for an application.

This application is put at the top of the client's viewable list. Other applications not deemed a good fit by the algorithm are hidden.

Feedback is then gathered as to how that application does against a non good fit application.

Feedback says it did better, so everything works, and it learns to keep doing more of the same thing. High five

Brenda B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
90 of 116

The hiding of proposals that are not deemed a "Good Fit" by the algorithim is my concern. I have only come across TWO with "Good Fit" on it. Neither one is.

On those jobs which I KNOW I can do and do well, do not have the badge on it.

So I fear that those clients will never even see my proposals.

Yes, it would help if we could give feedback to these "good fit" staff people beforehand, so they could refashion (or eliminate) that "Good Fit" function.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS