🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Project Catalog™—now available globally!
Page options

Project Catalog™—now available globally!

lenaellis
Community Member

Over the past few months, many of you have helped us test and refine our newest Upwork offering: Project Catalog. 

Through your contributions, feedback, and support, we’re thrilled to announce that Project Catalog is now officially live for the entire Upwork community—talent and clients alike.

If you’re not familiar with Project Catalog (or just want a refresher), here’s a quick introduction:

Project Catalog is where the work you love finds you. Build and sell your own project offerings based on the type of work you want more of. Each project will be listed on Project Catalog, ready for clients to purchase for a fixed price in just a few clicks. Once a client purchases, they’ll fill out any requirements you’ve requested, and you’ll be set to get to work.

It’s an easy way to get more eyes on your offering and land new projects quickly—all while putting you in the driver’s seat. That means you and your clients can get started right away, and with confidence.

Check out this video to learn how clients will discover and purchase your projects. 

Stay tuned for more exciting rollouts 

Project Catalog is just the beginning of a series of exciting new ways to land clients on Upwork, adding to Talent Marketplace, the current platform you already know and love.

But no matter how you choose to use Upwork to grow your independent work, know that we’re dedicated to helping you build the strong and profitable relationships that are the foundation of a growing business.

We want to thank you for your hard work and the contributions you make to creating a thriving community on Upwork.

Happy New Year—may it be your most rewarding one yet!

824 Comments
naveedasmat
Community Member

Hi Petra R,

My project catalog is not approved. I make changes many times, but still the same issue.

Can you please help me out to approve my project catalog?

Looking for your kind response.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Shambles. Just, shambles. Even the live version still reeks beta in every way imaginable.

Bad move, UW.

elitegra
Community Member

Ook, for the first time a client reached out to me via a Project Catalog listing (I said, yeah this will work), but instead of PURCHASING it, they actually wanted a quote from me, they wanted it cheaper than what I have listed.  

I DO appreciate that a client can begin a conversation before hiring, and maybe that´s why my experience), but here is the ISSUE that I found, despite that the client was an old client here (I had to ask), I couldn´t see any of their history here, I have no clue about their past experience, PLEASE fix that.

Client wanted my experience but didn´t like the price. So, went with a cheaper option, which is what Project Catalog will encourage, sadly.

elitegra
Community Member

The same happened to me. 🙂 

gina-herrera
Community Member

Wilson E wrote:

Ook, for the first time a client reached out to me via a Project Catalog listing (I said, yeah this will work), but instead of PURCHASING it, they actually wanted a quote from me, they wanted it cheaper than what I have listed.  

.... LOL. Isnt the whole point of the catalog that the listed price is what you get?!  the fact people are STILL looking to haggle even in this scenario is wild. As usual, disappointed but not suprised.

arfat-hossen
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Please reply as soon as possible. Yesterday a client gave me a project catalog message. I answered her. Then today this message is showing. Does that mean he bought my service? Or what could be the next step if I start working?

Thanks

Arfat Hossen

nazmul399
Community Member

Hello sir, Why is my project pending? please check and active it

https://www.upwork.com/services/my-list/1351119466837528576/preview

JoanneP

Hi Arfat,

I checked, and it looks like the client mesaged you to discuss the project in detail. When a client buys your project you get a push notification, an email, and a message in Upwork Messages. Since projects are time-sensitive, it’s a great idea to download the freelancer mobile app and turn on your push notifications. When a client buys your project, the idea is that they are agreeing to what you've pre-defined in your project. So a contract will be created and the milestone will be funded. You'll be notified whenever a purchase happens and a contract room will automatically be opened, at which point you can start messaging. The next step is waiting for the client to provide requirements to you, which were also defined upfront by you when you created the project. Only after the client submits requirements does the due date get set and the "clock" starts for you. Once you deliver the work by the due date, the client can approve (just like a fixed-price contract), funds will be released, the contract will be closed automatically, and your client will be prompted to leave feedback. Note: You can check your notification settings by clicking here.

gina-herrera
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

The next step is waiting for the client to provide requirements to you, which were also defined upfront by you when you created the project.

"Defined up front" and yet the first thing the client asked about was a change to the requirements and a "bulk discount"

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear even one serious freelancer with positive feedback about this new rollout. Just a lot of questions being asked by clients who don't understand that what is listed, is what you get. Anyone?? 

gina-herrera
Community Member

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Golam, 

Project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and offering competitiveness.

Please provide some straightforward insight into if this means that cheaper projects will be prioritized and displayed first.