🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Project Catalog™—now available globally!
Page options

Project Catalog™—now available globally!

lenaellis
Community Member

Over the past few months, many of you have helped us test and refine our newest Upwork offering: Project Catalog. 

Through your contributions, feedback, and support, we’re thrilled to announce that Project Catalog is now officially live for the entire Upwork community—talent and clients alike.

If you’re not familiar with Project Catalog (or just want a refresher), here’s a quick introduction:

Project Catalog is where the work you love finds you. Build and sell your own project offerings based on the type of work you want more of. Each project will be listed on Project Catalog, ready for clients to purchase for a fixed price in just a few clicks. Once a client purchases, they’ll fill out any requirements you’ve requested, and you’ll be set to get to work.

It’s an easy way to get more eyes on your offering and land new projects quickly—all while putting you in the driver’s seat. That means you and your clients can get started right away, and with confidence.

Check out this video to learn how clients will discover and purchase your projects. 

Stay tuned for more exciting rollouts 

Project Catalog is just the beginning of a series of exciting new ways to land clients on Upwork, adding to Talent Marketplace, the current platform you already know and love.

But no matter how you choose to use Upwork to grow your independent work, know that we’re dedicated to helping you build the strong and profitable relationships that are the foundation of a growing business.

We want to thank you for your hard work and the contributions you make to creating a thriving community on Upwork.

Happy New Year—may it be your most rewarding one yet!

824 Comments
arfat-hossen
Community Member

Thanks, Marie! 

But the client has not yet given me any message or discussed the project. So is this message Upwork?

Ready to get started? Please see the attached file

JoanneP

Hi Md Nazmul,

When you create a project, it is then submitted for review. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. You will be notifed once the review process is complete. 

elitegra
Community Member

Hey Arfat, I got the same even when we didn`t agree to the job. 

I understand that`s just an Upwork follow up! So, no worries. Clients don`t send that.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Petra R wrote:
Upwork said (in not so many words, and sort of between the lines, but clearly) that they show clients cheap stuff first.

Hi Petra,

No, that is not correct. Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Projects are not displayed or ranked according to their price. Although clients are able to filter projects by budget among other filters.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Gina,

No, Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Please, refer to my reply here

gina-herrera
Community Member

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Gina,

No, Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Please, refer to my reply here

Thanks for addressing that, Valeria.
What does the term competitiveness refer to then? Just trying to clarify.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Gina, competitiveness is based on relevancy not on the price of projects. We show projects in the order that we think is most relevant to the clients' search and we are making ongoing improvements to make sure search is most relevant.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sean,

I'd like to follow up on feedback you've shared (and Nikola has already passed on to the team.) Currently, this feature is designed for clients to purchase the package with the scope and deadlines that are already defined. If they'd like any additional work done, they can then hire the freelancer for a separate contract. That said, the team is working on updates and improvements that would address this issue.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Christine A wrote:

The project catalogues will take away business from any freelancer who chooses not to use this feature, because fewer clients will post projects for us to bid on. 

Hi Christine,

Actually we expect that new clients may have their first interaction with Upwork through Project Catalog or existing clients may explore a new category that they're not experienced in hiring in by using Project Catalog. We have heard this feedback from clients directly. We also expect them to continue using the platform by posting jobs for their other needs, as several clients have shared this with us. Taking away clients from the marketplace and to Project Catalog isn't the intention. Bringing more clients to the platform in general is.

dc941496
Community Member

Hello all,

I am new to Upwork and trying to create a new service offering in the Project Catalog. I have chosen the option to offer three service tiers - Starter, Standard and Advanced. I see where I am able to indicate the price and number of delivery days for each option. 

HOWEVER, I do not see where I am able to enter in the specific scope items I wish to include for each service. Looking at Projects already posted, I see that other freelancers have listed what scope items are included in each service tier (see attached screencap from an already-posted project by another freelancer to see what I am referring to). Where in the Project Step prompts/steps (Overview, Pricing, Gallery, Description, Requirements and Review) am I presented the option to enter this information?

Upwork Question.jpg

Also (see the same attached screen cap), where do I enter in other information including the number of revisions, business type, plan format, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!