🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Project Catalog™—now available globally!
Page options

Project Catalog™—now available globally!

lenaellis
Community Member

Over the past few months, many of you have helped us test and refine our newest Upwork offering: Project Catalog. 

Through your contributions, feedback, and support, we’re thrilled to announce that Project Catalog is now officially live for the entire Upwork community—talent and clients alike.

If you’re not familiar with Project Catalog (or just want a refresher), here’s a quick introduction:

Project Catalog is where the work you love finds you. Build and sell your own project offerings based on the type of work you want more of. Each project will be listed on Project Catalog, ready for clients to purchase for a fixed price in just a few clicks. Once a client purchases, they’ll fill out any requirements you’ve requested, and you’ll be set to get to work.

It’s an easy way to get more eyes on your offering and land new projects quickly—all while putting you in the driver’s seat. That means you and your clients can get started right away, and with confidence.

Check out this video to learn how clients will discover and purchase your projects. 

Stay tuned for more exciting rollouts 

Project Catalog is just the beginning of a series of exciting new ways to land clients on Upwork, adding to Talent Marketplace, the current platform you already know and love.

But no matter how you choose to use Upwork to grow your independent work, know that we’re dedicated to helping you build the strong and profitable relationships that are the foundation of a growing business.

We want to thank you for your hard work and the contributions you make to creating a thriving community on Upwork.

Happy New Year—may it be your most rewarding one yet!

824 Comments
anna_babicheva
Community Member

Btw, you're right. 

Just received a message for the project and can't check the info about the client at all. 

Will this be added in the future or are we done with improvements here? 

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

Currently, the freelancer can't see the clients past Work History and Feedback section. We understand that it’s very important for freelancers to see that information and we have shared that feedback with our team. A number of improvements have already been made based on the feedback we received in the Community and the team will continue to make further improvements. Thank you for your feedback.

ssultanaabd
Community Member

I recently published a project, but today i received a notification with a message " your project was not approved yet. Please review your feedback and submit again." My question is- is that project need edit for approval? 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Samia,

Please refer to the instructions shared in your email notification. Once you`re ready, feel free to edit your project and submit it for review again. Thank you.

djospe
Community Member

Dear Upwork community,

I love the Project Catalog idea in general, but there is one huge drawback to it - when people contact me regarding one of the projects I'm offering, I have no way to see their Upwork history (ratings and comments left from freelancers who worked for them in the past).

Since I'm a top-rated plus freelancer, I really don't need and don't want to risk working for a bad client, so I'm currently refusing all of the people who reach out to me via the Project Catalog.

If there are more community members who think that we should be able to see the client's history when they reach out via the Project Catalog (as we are able to see when they reach out via regular job openings), please support this idea and the development team might implement it.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,

Predrag

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Predrag,

Thank you for your suggestion. Please check the information I shared earlier today in this post and note our team is aware of the need to enable the insight you're requesting. Thank you.

ed28f526
Community Member

Why I am not getting orders even after the approval of my project catalogs?

elitegra
Community Member

Hi Vlad, thanks for following up. 

One would only wonder why this wasn't implemented from the start on in the Beta version.

alexandramur
Community Member

Hi, I've created a project from my freelancer account and it has been approved. However, it says that it can't be bought yet because "You are an Exclusive of an Agency and your projects can't be purchased yet." What can I do to change this? What's the purpose of adding projects if they can't be bought yet? I also can't create projects from my agency account, so what's the best solution? Thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Alexandra M wrote:

However, it says that it can't be bought yet because "You are an Exclusive of an Agency and your projects can't be purchased yet." 

Become a non-exclusive member of your agency. There is no sensible reason for a freelancer to be exclusive, it has no advantages for the freelancer and only disadvantages.