🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Project Catalog™—now available globally!
Page options

Project Catalog™—now available globally!

lenaellis
Community Member

Over the past few months, many of you have helped us test and refine our newest Upwork offering: Project Catalog. 

Through your contributions, feedback, and support, we’re thrilled to announce that Project Catalog is now officially live for the entire Upwork community—talent and clients alike.

If you’re not familiar with Project Catalog (or just want a refresher), here’s a quick introduction:

Project Catalog is where the work you love finds you. Build and sell your own project offerings based on the type of work you want more of. Each project will be listed on Project Catalog, ready for clients to purchase for a fixed price in just a few clicks. Once a client purchases, they’ll fill out any requirements you’ve requested, and you’ll be set to get to work.

It’s an easy way to get more eyes on your offering and land new projects quickly—all while putting you in the driver’s seat. That means you and your clients can get started right away, and with confidence.

Check out this video to learn how clients will discover and purchase your projects. 

Stay tuned for more exciting rollouts 

Project Catalog is just the beginning of a series of exciting new ways to land clients on Upwork, adding to Talent Marketplace, the current platform you already know and love.

But no matter how you choose to use Upwork to grow your independent work, know that we’re dedicated to helping you build the strong and profitable relationships that are the foundation of a growing business.

We want to thank you for your hard work and the contributions you make to creating a thriving community on Upwork.

Happy New Year—may it be your most rewarding one yet!

824 Comments
prestonhunter
Community Member

Morgan:
If this is your first time working with a cataloged project transaction, I recommend that you accept this client's offer to provide YOU with a useful live client experience. Think of it this way: YOU are getting market research for free.

Maybe this conversation will help you refine your messaging. Maybe it will help you know what clients think about your catalog project.

If you do this just once and have all your questions answered, then maybe you don't grant "free video consultations" any more in the future. But go ahead and do it this time.

As long as you conduct your interview using Upwork's provided tools (which can even include Upwork-provided Zoom, as well as non-Zoom video and audio conferencing), then you will be in compliance with Upwork rules, even if a contract has not been started yet.

gina-herrera
Community Member

Preston H wrote:

Morgan:
If this is your first time working with a cataloged project transaction, I recommend that you accept this client's offer to provide YOU with a useful live client experience. Think of it this way: YOU are getting market research for free.

Due to the nature of the Project Catalog I would also say the same thing. There's less harm in getting more information in advance than there is in them purchasing the project and then you figuring out that they want something that isn't listed, etc.

Community Member

Hi, hope you are all doing well.
Thank you so much to Upwork, for introducing the project feature.

I want to know about this project feature,
If a Buyer comes to our projects and wanted to buy that one, can we make a customized offer related to their requirements? like other platforms we do.

Also if the buyer gives us any positive or negative review against our services of that project, It will be available or published on our main Upwork profile?

JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

Creating a project is a great way to showcase the work you can do for a client and also set expectations about cost, timeline, and deliverables. Pricing tiers allow you to create three different variations of a project based on scope, such as included work, pricing, and time required. For example, if you are a content writer you may create a project for writing blogs. Pricing tiers allow you to create different levels of service for this blog project, showing prices for each so you can set client expectations. You may have one option where you will write a 500-word blog for a certain price and write a 1,000-word blog for a higher price.

Contracts set up via Project Catalog will work like any Upwork contract and the client will have the option to leave feedback that could impact your Job Success Score. However, since we are still in beta testing, you will be able to request feedback removal once a month on contracts started through your projects through the end of this year. You’ll also be able to cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.To learn more about Project Catalog, click here

saad-awaisi
Community Member

How I can see the stats of my Project Catalogs, like the way we can see the Stats of our Gigs on Fiverr?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Saad A wrote:

How I can see the stats of my Project Catalogs

You can't.

5baf6f7c
Community Member

I submitted my first project for review by upwork last night. This morning I had a notification that my project needs changes and that I should check my feedback, do the changes, and then resubmit. However, I cannot find the feedback so I know what changes need to be made. How do I find that feedback?

ydrawing
Community Member

The fact that I cannot upload a video as a sample on the Project Catalog is really confusing.

Makes absolutely no sense!

How would you show your skills if you are a video editor, a spokesperson, or a voice actor?

By UpLoAdiNg PiCuTuReS?

C'mon people is really a no-brainer.

sharansharan
Community Member

i need hlep my project catelog not approved can you please explian why not 

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Desiree,

I see that our team sent you an email when your project was declined which outlines a specific reason why that happened and some suggestions on how to improve. I encourage you to check that email out!

Thank you.