cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye beta, hello Project Catalog™—now available globally!

gina-herrera
Community Guru
Gina H Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
91 of 613

Phyllis G wrote:

Oh, dear, I'll take losses like that all week long. 

exactly why loss is in quotes - having the audacity to reach out to a 90$/hr freelancer for a $100 flat rate logo is honestly hilarious. Perfect candidate for the Catalog.

elitegra
Community Leader
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
92 of 613

The same happened to me. :-) 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
93 of 613

Petra R wrote:
Upwork said (in not so many words, and sort of between the lines, but clearly) that they show clients cheap stuff first.

Hi Petra,

No, that is not correct. Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Projects are not displayed or ranked according to their price. Although clients are able to filter projects by budget among other filters.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
94 of 613

Hi Sean,

I'd like to follow up on feedback you've shared (and Nikola has already passed on to the team.) Currently, this feature is designed for clients to purchase the package with the scope and deadlines that are already defined. If they'd like any additional work done, they can then hire the freelancer for a separate contract. That said, the team is working on updates and improvements that would address this issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork
abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
95 of 613

Shambles. Just, shambles. Even the live version still reeks beta in every way imaginable.

Bad move, UW.

yasir_wd
Yasir M Member Since: Jan 19, 2021
96 of 613

Hi Upwork!

I have created new project catalog about web development. I have 2 questions to ask:

1. How project searching and ranking works for the new freelancers?
2. Can I see my projects analytics such as how many clicks, views and impression has been done on my project?

Thank you.

elitegra
Community Leader
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
97 of 613

Ook, for the first time a client reached out to me via a Project Catalog listing (I said, yeah this will work), but instead of PURCHASING it, they actually wanted a quote from me, they wanted it cheaper than what I have listed.  

I DO appreciate that a client can begin a conversation before hiring, and maybe that´s why my experience), but here is the ISSUE that I found, despite that the client was an old client here (I had to ask), I couldn´t see any of their history here, I have no clue about their past experience, PLEASE fix that.

Client wanted my experience but didn´t like the price. So, went with a cheaper option, which is what Project Catalog will encourage, sadly.

gina-herrera
Community Guru
Gina H Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
98 of 613

Wilson E wrote:

Ook, for the first time a client reached out to me via a Project Catalog listing (I said, yeah this will work), but instead of PURCHASING it, they actually wanted a quote from me, they wanted it cheaper than what I have listed.  

.... LOL. Isnt the whole point of the catalog that the listed price is what you get?!  the fact people are STILL looking to haggle even in this scenario is wild. As usual, disappointed but not suprised.

anna_babicheva
Ace Contributor
Anna B Member Since: Sep 23, 2019
99 of 613

Btw, you're right. 

Just received a message for the project and can't check the info about the client at all. 

Will this be added in the future or are we done with improvements here? 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
100 of 613

Hi Anna,

Currently, the freelancer can't see the clients past Work History and Feedback section. We understand that it’s very important for freelancers to see that information and we have shared that feedback with our team. A number of improvements have already been made based on the feedback we received in the Community and the team will continue to make further improvements. Thank you for your feedback.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS