cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye beta, hello Project Catalog™—now available globally!

Muhammad U Member Since: Feb 1, 2021
51 of 613

Hi, hope you are all doing well.
Thank you so much to Upwork, for introducing the project feature.

I want to know about this project feature,
If a Buyer comes to our projects and wanted to buy that one, can we make a customized offer related to their requirements? like other platforms we do.

Also if the buyer gives us any positive or negative review against our services of that project, It will be available or published on our main Upwork profile?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
52 of 613

Hi Muhammad,

Creating a project is a great way to showcase the work you can do for a client and also set expectations about cost, timeline, and deliverables. Pricing tiers allow you to create three different variations of a project based on scope, such as included work, pricing, and time required. For example, if you are a content writer you may create a project for writing blogs. Pricing tiers allow you to create different levels of service for this blog project, showing prices for each so you can set client expectations. You may have one option where you will write a 500-word blog for a certain price and write a 1,000-word blog for a higher price.

Contracts set up via Project Catalog will work like any Upwork contract and the client will have the option to leave feedback that could impact your Job Success Score. However, since we are still in beta testing, you will be able to request feedback removal once a month on contracts started through your projects through the end of this year. You’ll also be able to cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.To learn more about Project Catalog, click here

~ Joanne
Upwork
golamrabbani17
Golam R Member Since: Mar 12, 2018
53 of 613

Hello Creative peoples,

I have created couple of projects catalog. I saw some of our freelancers get their first order but unfortunately, I do not yet. 

I don't know how Upwork rank or serial the project catalog. If there any legal rules or tricks to rank the project catalog? 

Thanks in Advance

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
54 of 613

Hi Golam, 

Project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and offering competitiveness. We are actively fine tuning and updating our ranking strategy to ensure fairness and robustness.

Here are some tips for improving your projects and making sure they are attractive to clients and catch their eye:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.

• Choose professional images that speak to your work. 

• Proofread your work so there are no typos.

• Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics.

~ Valeria
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
55 of 613

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Golam, 

Project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and offering competitiveness. We are actively fine tuning and updating our ranking strategy to ensure fairness and robustness.

Are these going to be the same "fair and robust" rankings that mark freelancers "Top 5%" when they've only done one or two projects? Or is Upwork concentrating on fine-tuning its ranking strategy for the new catalogue offerings, but not for the general marketplace?

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
56 of 613

Valeria K wrote:

....Here are some tips for improving your projects and making sure they are attractive to clients and catch their eye:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.

• Choose professional images that speak to your work. 

• Proofread your work so there are no typos.

• Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics.

Ick. I hope Upwork means cant rather than jargon (the field-specific technical language a client and contractor may use to most efficiently and effectively communicate). Given its general cluelessness about professional freelancing, I'm not placing any bets.
I am baffled by the seeming conflation of click bait and text-heavy graphics. I can't imagine what one has to do with the other.

As others have pointed out, the language workers among us are put at a serious disadvantage when eye-catching graphics are required for a listing. Upwork's proposed solution to use stock images is no solution at all.

veroalana
Ace Contributor
Veronica A Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
57 of 613

Hello everyone!

I just submitted my first projects to the project catalog system. But I know these types of systems work best for the freelancers who appear on the first page. I'm wondering, which is the criteria used to determine which freelancer go on the first page. 

Does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone have had success in this new system in Upwork?

Thanks.

gina-herrera
Community Guru
Gina H Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
58 of 613

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Golam, 

Project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and offering competitiveness.

Please provide some straightforward insight into if this means that cheaper projects will be prioritized and displayed first.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
59 of 613

Hi Gina,

No, Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Please, refer to my reply here

~ Valeria
Upwork
gina-herrera
Community Guru
Gina H Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
60 of 613

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Gina,

No, Project Catalog does not show the cheapest projects first. Please, refer to my reply here

Thanks for addressing that, Valeria.
What does the term competitiveness refer to then? Just trying to clarify.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS