cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye beta, hello Project Catalog™—now available globally!

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
71 of 613

Gina H wrote:

I was going to say a lot more but someone already took the liberty of stealing my reddit comment and pasting it here as their own Smiley LOL hilarious

Anyways, the general consensus among freelancers is that this program is trash and you will soon see that it's a failure - I can't wait to watch this flop. High end clients may get frustrated and not want to use the site anymore, and others who come here specifically because they hate Fiverr will now look elsewhere. Also, clients will price shop since they will have access to pricing right off the bat. Tl;dr - it's funny that Upwork seriously thinks this is beneficial to anyone including themselves.

This is the problem with "You don't have to use the Project Catalogue, you can keep using UW the way you always have." Especially given the berserk matching algorithm that does NOT serve a client the best-matched talent UW has to offer. 

dc941496
Daniel F Member Since: Oct 23, 2020
72 of 613

Hello all,

I am new to Upwork and trying to create a new service offering in the Project Catalog. I have chosen the option to offer three service tiers - Starter, Standard and Advanced. I see where I am able to indicate the price and number of delivery days for each option. 

HOWEVER, I do not see where I am able to enter in the specific scope items I wish to include for each service. Looking at Projects already posted, I see that other freelancers have listed what scope items are included in each service tier (see attached screencap from an already-posted project by another freelancer to see what I am referring to). Where in the Project Step prompts/steps (Overview, Pricing, Gallery, Description, Requirements and Review) am I presented the option to enter this information?

Upwork Question.jpg

Also (see the same attached screen cap), where do I enter in other information including the number of revisions, business type, plan format, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
73 of 613

Hi Daniel,

The information at the bottom of the Project Details section is filled in on the first step of the process - Project Overview, the information about the scope, timeline and prices for each tier is completed on the second step - Price & Scope. Note, however, that options and fields will vary depending on the category of the project. So the options you see on a project in a category different from yours may not be available for your category.

~ Valeria
Upwork
sean_holland
Sean H Member Since: Feb 3, 2019
74 of 613

Daniel 

Think long and hard before adding a project. 

Can you absolutely guarantee that you will deliver in the time you set for the project? Once you have said four days (as an example) - you MUST deliver within four days. You cannot retrospectively adjust the timeline. 

Are you happy to put up multiple projects for the same style of gig. EG blogs - I had to make four different blog offers as I was restricted to three subject categories. I can easily cover twelve of the categories listed. Now there is an issue. What if one blog sells in each category on the same day - (OK-unlikely, but not impossible as reputation grows). Now I have to deliver four blogs in four days, which is not always possible given (a) number of words (b) research requirements, and most important of all (c) My existing workload which is completely overlooked by this feature. 

I deleted all of my projects. I don't think this feature has been thought through enough and no one at Upwork development seems interested in listening to the issues. 

Proceed with utmost caution

sean_holland
75 of 613

I just received my first order for a "project" under the new project format. My client has submitted the requirements and I started work, and then they changed their mind about what they wanted. This is fine, but it has now derailed the timeline. I now have a fixed delivery date for Monday which I seemingly can't change, and they have the ability to pull a refund for non-delivery. 

Unless I am missing something, the fixed delivery date is an obvious flaw in the project's system. Although I don't think my client is going to submit a refund, this hold-up, which is not my doing, leaves me exposed to losing the money in the Escrow AND looking like I have not delivered on time.

How do I reset the delivery date, with their permission? If this is not a feature, it should be. Things go wrong at the client's end all the time. They are often indecisive, have no clear picture of what they actually want and are prone to changing their minds mid-project. 

Advice please - I don't want to end up ruining my 100% perfect record because the system is inflexible when it comes to amending a delivery date.  

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
76 of 613

Sean H wrote:

I don't want to end up ruining my 100% perfect record because the system is inflexible 

This is why I have not created a project.

sean_holland
77 of 613

So I am right in assuming this is a badly thought out beta which does not take into account the fact that clients are unpredicatable?

Great... Yet another Upwork fail. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
78 of 613

Sean H wrote:

So I am right in assuming this is a badly thought out beta which does not take into account the fact that clients are unpredicatable?

Great... Yet another Upwork fail. 

Personally I think unless you work in a category where you can create a project which is always the exact same and can be nailed down with no variation being needed, and are always available and willing to drop everything to do a project when a client buys one, it is dangerous.

I can't do that because my clients never have a project that is exactly one size and complexity. 

Because of the way Upwork has created this, it's just too risky for me.

I am also not cheap in my category and Upwork said (in not so many words, and sort of between the lines, but clearly) that they show clients cheap stuff first.

sean_holland
79 of 613

Exactly - So it is broken for 99% of projects. 

Unbelievable. This is what happens when you let developers invent things with no input from creatives. They have no real-world common sense. Everything is binary. I cannot even find my projects in order to delete them from my account. Where is the button that says "Projects"

I am guessing there is a Mercury retrograde coming in...I am experiencing nothing but technical issues with software today. My bank has locked me out too, this morning.

Time to meditate...  

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
80 of 613

Hi Sean,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I will share it with our team members.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS