Now, by purchasing a project through Project Catalog, you can send funds directly to freelancers in Ukraine with no work required. To make sure freelancers receive the entire amount of your donation, we are waiving the standard freelancer service fees.
How it works:
- Head to our Project Catalog page dedicated to highlighting Ukraine-based* freelancers.
- Scroll through the page and click the project you’d like to “purchase.”
- Once on the project page, you’ll see a checkbox. When you check the box, you’ll see a Donate button replacing the Continue button.
- The freelancer can then accept your donation by replying.
- After the freelancer accepts, you’ll approve the payment with the Approve and Pay button to release the funds.
Here's what people are saying on social:
You can support your fellow freelancers in Ukraine by hiring them–all you have to do is set up a client profile within your existing Upwork account.
To set up a client profile, you’ll need to:
- Go to Settings
- Then select Contact Info
- Next, scroll down to Additional accounts
- Choose New Client Account
Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but have separate user-profiles and can easily switch between them as needed.
A little goes a long way. Whether you purchase a design project for $25 or a website design project worth $500, it’s up to you how far your donation can go. For up-to-the-minute information and assistance, you can visit this page for more details.
*Some of the profiles that surface may show locations outside of Ukraine, as we include freelancers originally based in Ukraine who have relocated due to the current crisis.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.