Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring freelancers for concurrent contracts

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 10
Hi all,
We're pleased to announce that clients now have the ability to hire an individual freelancer for multiple jobs at the same time. 

We've heard this request from clients and freelancers, who have the need to support multiple hourly jobs with different rates, multiple fixed price jobs of different sizes and definitions, or a combination of the two. Historically, in order to accomplish this, clients have needed to create separate teams. This can make project and team management cumbersome and with this update, we're hoping to streamline the hiring/management process for these scenarios.  

With this change, clients will now see unique reporting and tracking managed separately for each job. The hiring process has not changed, with the exception that clients will no longer see an error message when trying to hire the same person for multiple jobs on the same team. 

Tags (2)
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 10

This is great news because I am a transcriptionist and editor.  My editing hourly rate is more than my transcription rate obviously, but clients have asked me if I could edit their transcriptions into blog posts or articles etc, and I would have to tell them they would have to change my rate to a higher amount for that service or end the contract and start a new one.  This is going to be great for clients.  Thank you so much oDesk.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 10

Thank you so much! Finally, a great and welcome change to the system.

Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
4 of 10

Nice tool ... is there technical documentation on how a client can do this so that we can point them to it?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Jeri,

There is no documentation available. Basically clients will be able to send an offer to a freelancer whom they already have an active contract with and they will not see an error that stopped them before. Other than that, the hiring process will go as usual.

I hope it helps

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
6 of 10

Kudos for great news! Smiley Very Happy

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
7 of 10

Garnor and Valeria - 

This is not working very well. I  moved the discussion to the freelancer forum to see if I could get some assistance.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Hiring-One-Contractor-for-TWO-JOBS/m-p/67779#U67779

Jaya S R Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
8 of 10

Kudos! what a great news. Hoping as well, that Odesk will send a message or notify all clients that freelancers have this kind of privilege now.

Anjie N Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
9 of 10

Hello,

I have a scenario that fits this topic - how do I set this up?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 10

Hi Anjie,

The client will need to send the freelancer another offer. This feature allows clients to send an offer and set up a contract even if there is already an active contract with the freelancer.

~ Valeria
Untitled