cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Payment Delay

Jethro Jireh T Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
11 of 15

Hi Guys,

I made a withdrawal of my earnings last thursday, jan.15 and until now it hasn't arrive yet in my bank account. We were told that our local banks did have a holiday schedule last january 15-16 so I already aniticapated a delay. They've already resume their operations yesterday, so my funds was supposed to be process by that time but right now it is not yet reflected in my bank account.

Jethro, 

oDesker

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 15

Hi Jethro,

I am sorry to hear about the delay and I hope your funds will show in your bank account very soon. If the transaction is not completed after 10 business days, please contact Customer Support to initiate a trace.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Anjelina Collen E Member Since: Feb 23, 2015
13 of 15

HI, I withdrew my oDesk earnings last Feb 17 (Tuesday) and I received the email for payment confirmation and it said I should receive the funds by Feb 20 (Friday). However, Feb 19 (Thursday) was a holiday as it was the Chinese New Year so I assumed the funds are going to come in a day late. Yesterday, though, Feb 23 (Monday), I contacted support and was told I would have to wait 5 to 8 days from withdrawal date to receive payment. Why is this so? Doesn't it only take 3 to 4 days for payment to clear and reflect on bank acct if done via LFT? Still haven't received the funds, by the way, and today is 2.24/Tuesday. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 15

Hi Anjelina,

I am sorry to hear you haven't received your earnings yet. Although usually it takes 3-4 days for the withdrawn funds to appear on your bank account, there may be certain delays. Please, let Customer Support know if you do not receive your funds 8 days after you initiated the withdrawal and they will assist you with tracing your funds.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Dimitar D Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 15

Hi,

Maybe it's a good idea to post a WARNING on the Odesk home page (and not here) ahead of each big holiday in the USA, so that we can figure out a plan for late payment.....I requested LFT withdrawal to Bulgaria on April 1st, and so far I haven't received a cent on my bank account. The support agent, by the name of Victoria (it's good to tell them to use at least name and surname, maybe!) was so kind as to half-mouthedly mention that "there are bank issues that can occasionally cause a longer delay". This time I think it's because of Catholic Easter, which started on Good Friday, April 3, and also spanned on Monday, April 6th, a total of four days. I do think that Odesk crew ought to make a list of all major holidays in USA in january each year and make it easily accessible to freelancers!

Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS