🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
AndreaG

Hi Danishka,

I checked with the team and it looks like they were able to resolve the issue. You should be able to see your ID badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank youuuu xD
9aee0e53
Community Member

Hi guys I have changed successfully verified my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard,can anyone help me out, please

Hi Violeta,

I checked your account and it looks like the team reached out to you already about completing the verification process. Please check the ticket by logging in to your account and going here.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
91d4558d
Community Member

Hi! I need your help. What if i dont any ID other that my Philhealth id. What can i do to help myself be verified?

Hi Arianne,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
91d4558d
Community Member

What should i donif i dont have any of these ids only Philhealth card. How
can i be verified?

Hi Arianne,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
catdemonz
Community Member

despite I uploaded my ID many times and I'm from the Caribbean it doesn't seem to work.. can I get some help?

Hi Odinga,

Could you please update your profile picture before uploading your ID again? 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo

~Andrea
Upwork
alina207
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I uploaded my ID a few days ago for a verification but it was failed.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Alina

Hi Alina,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the verification process. I can see that one of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket. Kindly refer to it for more information.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alina207
Community Member

Thank you for your reply

25bf0d6c
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I submitted my request to ID verification few days ago and it should take only 1 business day but It's not yet approved nor any reply from Upwork team so please advise me what should i do?

Hi Numan,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Oh hi guys I'm pretty new to this. I hope the admins moderators reply to
you soon! They normaly do!
radcet
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I met some problem with identity verification, I can't proceed to upload image step,

when I click at "Get started" it's looping forever

I notice that there is some error log related to websocket connection in console that we can see in my image

Can someone help me ?

Thank you so much ❤️error.png

Hi Tran,

I tried but was not able to replicate this issue on my end. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
radcet
Community Member

Thank you for helping me, 

I've already tried in other browser and clear cache, even in my phone's browser but no use. Hope you can help me out ❤️

Thanks for confirming, Tran! We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with your verification.

~Andrea
Upwork
828062cf
Community Member

I have tried multiple times uploading my passport, but the identification verification doesn't complete. Now I am getting this message of contact customer support.
What to do?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Hammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

My account is already verified but every time I try to apply for a job, I’m told to verify my account again. Also, the verification button that keeps showing up on the app doesn’t work. I’ve been unable to apply for jobs because of this even though I already have the verification badge on my account and I've had this account for over a year.

Hi Oladayo,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
pujan98
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I have a problem with verification. I don't have a web cam. What can I do in this case? And I do not understand. My dashboard looks like this. After that, if you go to get start, successfully varify. please help. Add Image bellow.

Hi Pujan,

No worries! Please click on Continue and you can choose to complete via mobile. If you're still experiencing issues you can click on Speak with an Agent and someone from our team will be happy to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
rajpathak679
Community Member

hi,

This is RAJ KUMAR PATHAK. I am a Freelancer. I have made a new profile on upwork.

but there is no option of ID Verification. How to verify my ID? how will i get Id verification Badge? What should i do now?

Please help me

Hello, 

There You cannot verify your account untill Upwork send you a notification asking to verify it.

To receive that notification, you must complete one job.

Thanks,

Bruno

3f3065fd
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dmitrij,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
yasserhamdy
Community Member

I've uploaded my driver's license to verify my identity and it worked. There's a small problem, though, my middle name is written incorrectly on my driver's license. It's a single letter (o vs a) but I don't like it this way. I want my full name to be displayed 100% correctly in certificates of earnings and other documents. 

Is there any way I can reset my identity verification and upload another ID?

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
rizzingsun
Community Member

Hi,

Have any idea for Governement ID Verfication is not showing on my setting. some body help me for this error....Also this message on browser when i am going for support site and click Governement Id Verfication. (Error 404 (N) Trace ID: acdb7eb1-34b6-4386-803d-d9a781b0f996)

Hi Naveed,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~Andrea
Upwork
ricoaji
Community Member

I've been active on upwork for about a month I just realized I don't have a verification id badge and I tried looking in the profile settings menu to verify it's not there, and I can't open the verification id link, what should I do to get a verification id please help me.

Hi Rico,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
soad2609
Community Member

Hi everybody, a couple of days laters Upwork asked me to verify my identity. I have provided my national identity card and a selfie of mine.

Although more than 1 business day has passed, Upwork still asks me to verify my identity and shows me that they are verifying my identity.

I don't much time left, only two-three days, and if my identity is not verified within this timeframe. They will keep my account on hold and I will lose potential clients.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Hi Md. Shafiqur,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Also, the 'Identity Verified' badge is now showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks a lot, Aleksandar D. Completely satisfied with the service.

We have a long way to go!! ❤️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths