Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Kim K Member Since: Jul 5, 2019
21 of 588

I will also be closing my account. 

Carolyn F Member Since: Jun 28, 2019
22 of 588

Just another way this site proves that they prefer to exploit the worker and let the businesses get away with whatever they want. If client verfication is money, then freelancer verficiation should be our work history and successful receipt of payment. End of story.

Ace Contributor
Karen B Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
23 of 588

Absolutely!!  I have earned 2K in the past year with 100% job satisfaction.  And I still have to prove to Upwork that I am who I say I am???  Really?

Carolyn F Member Since: Jun 28, 2019
24 of 588

Douglas, "Shift expenses to the lower revenue ones". What does that mean?

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
25 of 588

Carolyn F wrote:

Douglas, "Shift expenses to the lower revenue ones". What does that mean?

All users cost Upwork in maintenance and support expenses. High-revenue accounts repay that expense many times over. The lower the revenue, the more expensive the user is to Upwork, whether calculated as actual expense or unrealized anticipated revenue. Upwork’s new client membership structure seeks to entice clients to give it cash upfront to make up for their relative or actual unprofitability. From the point of view of my narrow end of the market, no paid plan offers value for my client base. Upwork is trying to shift its expenses to them, expenses that other business models might deem to be general operating costs.

Jacqueline H Member Since: May 3, 2016
26 of 588

This very much seems like an extraneous process that isn't needed and only serving the purpose of informaton /sharing and making an asset our of our personal information. Does Upwork have any response to this? 

This in light of the fact that many of us did this already. If we weren't fraudulent 5 or 6 years ago why would we be fraudulent or have false identities now? 

Tina U Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
27 of 588

I had to leave We Are Testers in France because my Driver's License wasn't good enough they wanted a passport!  I had to leave them, even though I was one of their originals.

Yasmin K Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
28 of 588
I completed the first step of identity verifcation but everytime l try to go to chat the site leads me to Help center then work feed and the action required message isn't shown on My account.
How can l fix this and complete the verifcation?
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
29 of 588

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Michelle M Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
30 of 588

I am having the same issue as Yasmin. Can you assist?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS