cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Verifying ID issue

Highlighted
Manuelle Z Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
2901 of 3,041

Solved. It was a problem on my part. Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Madeline P Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
2902 of 3,041

I am trying to verify my ID and I keep getting an error message (see attached)

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2903 of 3,041

Hi Madeline,

We had an issue with ID badge verification but it has since been fixed. You may still experience the issue if you are using Chrome because of a delay in updating cache. Could you please try doing a hard refresh and clearing your browser cache manually? Let us know if you still experience issues with verification after that.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Andrew M Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
2904 of 3,041

Hi Bojan,

I appreciate your help in trying to respond to those of us who are not able to get past the loading/error screen.  Unfortunately, even trying a hard refresh or using a different browser has not resolved the issue for me.  I have been trying for 2 days.  Please escalate this or have the ops team look into it further, it is not fixed.

Thanks,

Andrew

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2905 of 3,041

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. I'll escalate this to our team, and one of our agents will reach out you directly to assist you further with completing your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kelly C Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
2906 of 3,041
Is anyone else experiencing this issue when attempting to verify account. It's almost my deadline and I still have not heard back from support.
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2907 of 3,041

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having while trying to complete the verification step. I see that you already have an open ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further, thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Millie D Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2908 of 3,041

I feel like we should have been given more than 7 days notice about this. It makes no sense that Upwork will allow us to continue working on active contracts but won't give us access to our money. I don't drive and only use my ID for voting, essentially, and so my ID is actually expired. The process of going to the state DPS office to get a new once and having it mailed to me is about 3 weeks or so. I don't think it's right that Upwork will put a hold on my account - after I've been a freelancer for YEARS - when they have only given 7 days notice.

Is there not a way to extend this to 21 days so that it at least matches the time it takes to get an updated ID? 

Highlighted
Millie D Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2909 of 3,041

And by the way, I've already spent 2 hours with the CS on chat about this issue but none of my questions were answered. I don't have this many hours in the day, especially considering it will take me 8 hours or more just to get a new ID.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Samantha L Member Since: Jan 3, 2016
2910 of 3,041

What ended up happening? Did Upwork give you an extension? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS