Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2901 of 3,030

Hi Rob, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if the issue persists if you clear your cookies, or used a different browser? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nasir A Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
2902 of 3,030

Hello, i'm facing verification problem i'm uploading my id card it's verified but when i talk with agent for video verification she not listen clearly my voice i don't know why but now my id card also pending and when i try again to upload message shown facing some techincal problem try later i try last two days but still same issue face. can anyone help me how to i reslove this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2903 of 3,030

Hi Nasir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Cristina P Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
2904 of 3,030

I don't have the option to verify my identity in my profile settings. Is it because my account is new? My profile just got approved, so I don't understand. I'm talking about uploading a photo ID and doing the video chat so that I have the blue icon next to my name.

Highlighted
Md Mohai M Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
2905 of 3,030

Hey,
Go to the "setting" of your account. And find there "Identity Verification". There you will get the way to verify your account.
or you can try this link: https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/

Highlighted
2906 of 3,030
Hi there. Like I said in my post, I don't have this option in my settings.
This is what I am trying to resolve. The link did not work for me. Thank
you anyway for trying to help.
Highlighted
2907 of 3,030
Thank you very much, I will keep you updated.
Highlighted
Louise H Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
2908 of 3,030

Is anyone else uncomfortable with uploaded an official government ID? Can I blur the ID number? With identity theft running rampant this makes me nervous...

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2909 of 3,030

Hi Louise,

Rest assured access to the information you provide during identity verification is handled by Upwork agents who have passed strict background checks and our secure, third-party vendor’s automated checks. We do not share or sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the information you submit to verify your identity is deleted. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mario A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2910 of 3,030

Louise H wrote:

Is anyone else uncomfortable with uploaded an official government ID? Can I blur the ID number? With identity theft running rampant this makes me nervous...

I agree 100%. I don´t like to upload my ID card.
I just withdraw all my money in my Upwork account. i don´t know if i´ll make the verification.
Verification, why? i don´t know my clients and that is not a problem.
Our work is our verification

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS