Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Verification

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2431 of 2,514

Hi Pat,

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback, I'll be sure to share it with our team!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Andrea C Member Since: Dec 8, 2015
2432 of 2,514

So... freelancers have to prove they are by showing our ID's and skyping with someone?

What do clients have to do to prove that they aren't going to scam us or suddenly vanish or actually pay us the right amount? 

Freelancers already give a huge cut of their earnings to upwork. We need safety measures, too. 

Like, for example, will upwork ever put a system in place that weeds out flakey clients - you know, the ones that cancel the job after 50+ freelancers spent time writing personal proposals and sending their previous work? 

Or what about a rule that says clients can't demand artists/creators to send very specific "auditions" in order to be considered for the job? Like with voice overs and musical composition jobs, there are many clients that want you to send them recordings of their script or the actual music project before even being considered for the job. And what usually happens with those clients? They close the job without choosing a single cadidate and they vanish. Because they got all the goods they needed without paying a dime. 

It's hard enough finding work on this site with so many freelancers on here. 

I feel like the clients needs are always top priority for upwork and that causes this website to neglect the needs of its freelancers. That is all. I wish someone would actually answer emails I send support about this. 

Highlighted
Andreea T Member Since: Apr 10, 2017
2433 of 2,514

Seeing that all questions about the safety and legality of this new requirement are being thwarted, can I ask how long will the account be on hold for in case we don't comply with the verification?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2434 of 2,514

Hi Andreea,

Freelancers who have not verified 7 days after notification will have their accounts placed on hold. Freelancers can still work on existing contracts while on hold and will continue to have the option to verify. Once they successfully verify, the hold will be released.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Honeybelle R Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
2435 of 2,514

Hi,

May I know how can I get my account verified or how to get a verification badge?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2436 of 2,514

Hi Honeybelle, 

We are gradually rolling out this requirement to all freelancers on Upwork. You may fall in either of the three groups listed in this help article. Once you are part of any of the groups, you will receive a notification to veirfy your account to receive the ID-Verification Badge. You may refer to the help article if you have other questions about the badge.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Honeybelle R Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
2437 of 2,514

Hi,

I need assistance in getting my account verified. What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2438 of 2,514

Hi Honeybelle, 

Please know that I have responded to your post and have merged your post on this master thread. To see your posts, please check your Community profile page and click on any of your posts to see my reply. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2441 of 2,514

Hi Tami,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is required from earning freelancers. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Upon checking, you need to update your profile photo to one that clearly shows just your face. Please do follow up instruction our team shared with you in this support ticket and consider following up with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tami H Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
2440 of 2,514

I received

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS