Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2451 of 2,529

Hi Honeybelle, 

We are gradually rolling out this requirement to all freelancers on Upwork. You may fall in either of the three groups listed in this help article. Once you are part of any of the groups, you will receive a notification to veirfy your account to receive the ID-Verification Badge. You may refer to the help article if you have other questions about the badge.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Honeybelle R Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
2452 of 2,529

Hi,

I need assistance in getting my account verified. What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2453 of 2,529

Hi Honeybelle, 

Please know that I have responded to your post and have merged your post on this master thread. To see your posts, please check your Community profile page and click on any of your posts to see my reply. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2456 of 2,529

Hi Tami,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is required from earning freelancers. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Upon checking, you need to update your profile photo to one that clearly shows just your face. Please do follow up instruction our team shared with you in this support ticket and consider following up with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Tami H Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
2455 of 2,529

I received

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tami H Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
2456 of 2,529

It's done, thanks.

Highlighted
M P Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
2457 of 2,529

What is the full legal name and address of the third-party vendor involved in this process.

Are they SOC2 compliant, and if so, how do I get a copy of the certification report?

Is Upwork SOC2 compliant? How do I get a copy of the certification report?

Answers to the above questions are necessary so that freelancers don't get scammed.

Highlighted
2458 of 2,529

Also, please provide any and all relevant details about any cybersecurity breaches or fraud-related activity that have impacted or occurred at 1) Upwork and 2) its third-party IT vendors over the past five years and if such breaches/activity have been reported to any outside authorities.

Again, the answer to these questions are necessary to prevent freelancers from being scammed.

Highlighted
2459 of 2,529

Finally, when you say that Upwork employees -- does this include independent contractors and outsourced staff, by the way -- are subjected to background checks, is this done internally and/or through a third-party vendor (or vendors)?

If the latter, what is their legal name and address? How long have they been providing this service to Upwork?

Are any Upwork employees (or independent contractors or outsourced staff) exempt or otherwise not subject to such background checks? How often are current employees subjected to background checks? Does this also include senior executives of Upwork?

Again, the answer to these questions are necessary to prevent freelancers from being scammed.

Highlighted
Jini D Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
2460 of 2,529

Hi,

I did the full verfication process. ( the drivers liscense,etc.) I got an email saying my account id was verified, yet I have no badge. This is what the email said:

Hi Jini,
Congratulations! Your identification has been reviewed and accepted.
Thanks for helping us maintain a trusted workplace for all.
This portion of your account review is now complete. If there are additional issues being reviewed, the appropriate team has been notified that your documents have been accepted. If no other reviews are needed, you can now submit proposals. If you need tips on getting started, check out A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork.

So I am confused as to why I don't have a check mark/badge like other users. I don't want this to impact me getting invites, proposals, etc.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS