cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: is is possile to work without identity verification?

sudip_adh
Sudip A Member Since: May 17, 2019
4271 of 4,405

Can i still send the proposals and start working and earn even if i haven't got the identity verificaion mail?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4272 of 4,405

Sudip A wrote:

Can i still send the proposals and start working and earn even if i haven't got the identity verificaion mail?

Yes, you can. Please don't keep posting the same question over and over.

a_riggle
Adel R Member Since: Apr 10, 2020
4273 of 4,405

I was asked to do a video call to verify my identity. Maybe I'm not doing this right but I don't see a link on "Identity Verification" page whereby I can join a meeting. 

I then tried to go into Google Meet directly and typed in "Upwork" to join a meeting but no one's there. 

Please assist to let me know how I can do the video call. Thanks. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4274 of 4,405

Hi Adel, 

It doesn't look like you were able to initiate the chat for your ID verification badge. Please go to this link on your account and click "Start chat" button to initiate the video verification process for the ID verification badge.

~ Avery
Upwork
a_riggle
Adel R Member Since: Apr 10, 2020
4275 of 4,405
Hi,

I was given these instructions:

“ It doesn't look like you were able to initiate the chat for your ID verification badge . Please go to this linkon your account and click "Start chat" button to initiate the video verification process for the ID verification badge.”
But when I click on Start Chat button, it just shows the pop up small window but it just keeps loading and nothing shows up. I’ve tried numerous times to make it work but to no avail.

I then tried to go into Google Meet directly and typed in Upwork and click to join but no one is there.

Is there an alternative for the video conference? Maybe skype? or Google Meet BUT not through your Start Chat button.

Please advise.

Thanks!

- Adeline Riggle

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4276 of 4,405

Hi Adel,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use the Start Chet button and initiate a short video call with our agent.

If the issue persists, please consider following up on your support ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e2464e20
Nkajima O Member Since: May 3, 2020
4277 of 4,405

Hello,

I currently signed up for upwork and tried verifying my id but a hold got placed on my account because it could not authenticate the ID i uploaded. what do i do?

aocumen
4278 of 4,405

Hi Nkajima, 

It looks like you have exceeded the number of attempts to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
bill_lishu
Bill L Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
4279 of 4,405

Hi there,

I just successfully finished loading my ID and had an issue with the video call as the internet connection broke last night. So I do not think I complete the whole package of ID verification. How can I start a new video call? Please let me know it, thank you very much.

aocumen
4280 of 4,405

Hi Bill, 

You can go to your Identity Verification page (Settings > Identity Verification) and click on the Start Chat button from there. Please make sure that you do not have a pop-up blocker on your browser so that you can initiate the chat with our verification team, and proceed with verifying your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork