Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification - Visual Verification

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3351 of 3,915

Hi Malcolm, 

When a user is asked to submit a government-issued ID, the ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address. 

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please know that we cannot accept the following: 

• Student IDs, employee IDs, library cards, handwritten IDs, temporary IDs, photocopied IDs, military IDs, and health cards

You may read more about it here. Please submit any of the IDs mentioned above, so that the team can proceed with the review of your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
soniajomish
Sonia J Member Since: Feb 25, 2021
3352 of 3,915

I got a pop up to verify my profile

https://url.upwork.com/_01tYd-xV945xlCJq1X_FceEM68k54U5fQ5

Now, the problem is, when I click on the link, it takes to the Help center and then, before I can click on anything else, takes me back to Upwork's homepage. I have tried accessing that link through my account, and still doesn't work. I've tried using another browser, same thing happens. Even when I try logging in the Help Center, it redirects me to the homepage. Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?

I have been trying to get my profile for sometime now, please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sonia

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3353 of 3,915

Hi Sonia,

Could you go to Settings > Identity Verification and start the process by clicking on the green button? If you're still experiencing any problems feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

Untitled
soniajomish
3354 of 3,915
Hi, actually, I tried Settings > Identity Verification and uploaded the
required ID proof as specified and got this :
https://url.upwork.com/_01okghaxJoFqo0No2NJoTZvl7eQVRSfB-O
Even after repeated tries I am not able to continue with the verification
process.
When I try to contact Upwork support, the page gets redirected to my Upwork
home page.
Please assist.

Sonia
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3355 of 3,915

Hi Sonia,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

-Joanne
Untitled
soniajomish
3356 of 3,915
Hello,

I have not received any response from the customer support or the
verification team regarding my existing issue. I had already uploaded the
concerned ID proof image as requested 3 days ago and still I see this :
https://url.upwork.com/_01Hjk2LY0R-sn4-XvlBw4UIhl74HDiUs_l when clicked on
'continue' tab I got this:
https://url.upwork.com/_01Hjk2LY0R-smVp-Zh4MPmGEP2kuw9ZBY4 from the option
'chat with an agent' is am getting this:
https://url.upwork.com/_01Hjk2LY0R-smVrIeRQbRzR1IsxIPVyaB4
Why so much time to resolve the issue?

Sonia
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3357 of 3,915

Hi Sonia, 

I apologize for the delay in our response. I checked your account and can see that a member of the team reached out to you through this support ticket. Please check the ticket for more information on why you're still seeing this notification in your account.  

-Avery
Untitled
25574ea1
Elijah T Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
3358 of 3,915

Hi All!

So I am currently having some issues in doing the visual verification. I can't seem to access **Edited for Community Guidelines** site  whenever it tries to redirect me there. I've already tried this both on my mobile and desktop, and did some troubleshooting; (changing dns, restarting router, etc..) with no success

Also, i'm wondering if the visual verification could be done in mobile as well since I don't really have a webcam for my desktop.

Thanks,

Elijah

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
3359 of 3,915

Hi Elijah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still experiencing the same issue? You can access your ticket hereUse the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process. If you are unable to access the link provided in the ticket please let us know so that we could assist you further. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
25574ea1
Elijah T Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
3360 of 3,915

Hi,

Thank you for the reply Nikola.I pretty much did the clearing of cache/cookies and changing of browsers earlier but still wasn't able to access them.As my last resort though, i tried connecting to a VPN (not too sure about Upwork's policy on this one) and was able to access the link that you've provided.

Hopefully this should do for now, since i am only just going to use a vpn to get visually verified and will revert back to my normal connection once done.

Thanks,

Eli