cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

web_mentor
Shafiq R Member Since: Sep 23, 2020
4321 of 4,395

Hi upwork community. i want to ask about a popup that appears on my profile having text: Verify your Identity by 09/30/2020 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.
when i get started. it gives me this error: We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

can someone help what shoud i do?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4322 of 4,395

Hi Shafiq,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your verification. Could you please try the following steps? 

1. Sign in to your Upwork account
2. Go to this page and click on the green 'Yes, Clear Cookies' button
3. Sign in again to Upwork (after clearing Upwork cookies, you'll be logged out of your account)
4. Go to Settings > Identity Verification page and start the verification

Please follow up here if you continue to experience the same error so we can assist you further,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
brendan_rose
Brendan R Member Since: Nov 17, 2020
4323 of 4,395

I am trying to do the visual verification of my identity, my ID was already accepted, and I already have a job, which I do not wish to lose. Whenever I click to do visual verification, it just opens a popup window of the Upwork help page, then the previous window says "This should only take a minute" and then it says "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity". I tried clearing upwork cookies, I tried using the firefox browser, I tried using my cellphone with the correct app installed, nothing is working. Can you help me? [I have filed a support ticket but so far there is no reply]

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4324 of 4,395

Hi Brendan,

I checked, and it looks like one of our agents has updated your ticket to assist you further in completing the verification process. Please follow the instruction they provided on the ticket to proceed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
web_mentor
Shafiq R Member Since: Sep 23, 2020
4325 of 4,395
Okay. Thanks alot
i-aztec
Gleb S Member Since: Dec 13, 2016
4326 of 4,395

Hi,

I have completed the first step of Identity Verification process – "Provide a valid government-issued ID".

How can I now complete the second step "Complete a video verification call"?

Page https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ contains only:

"We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Learn more."

Thanks in advance.

desiriedale
Desirie Dawn D Member Since: Oct 18, 2018
4327 of 4,395

Hi I need help with the visual verification. I cannot proceed because every time I click chat now it just redirects me to the Upwork Help page.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4328 of 4,395

Hi Desirie,

I checked and could see that you successfully completed your verification process. Could you please let us know if you need our further assistance? Thank you. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
dsxxx
Serhii D Member Since: Nov 4, 2020
4329 of 4,395

Hi.

On the Help desk I have "Please hold while I connect you with an Upwork team member." in chat.

And on previous tab I have "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity".

How to pass the visual verification? I've already tried few times.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4330 of 4,395

Hi Serhii,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via Firefox to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork