cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my son is my translator

Sri R Member Since: Jan 12, 2021
3161 of 3,424

hello everyone,

I want to ask something about video verification, I am very nervous because I am not very fluent in direct English using voice, and I also don't really understand when someone speaks directly, I am only fluent in writing,

so what my question is, can I invite my son as a translator for my verification video

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3162 of 3,424

Sri:
If you want to have your son stand next to you during the video verification session, and serve as a translator, that is fine.

You can be on camera. Your translator can translate anything that is said during the session to you.

But you really should NOT be nervous.

The video verification session? It isn't an English proficiency exam. All they really want to do is look at your face and make sure it matches your profile photo.

They might ask one or two questions like: "What is your name?" or "What is your address?"

You will be fine.

Muhammad H Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
3163 of 3,424

I am trying to verify my upwork account but option is not available showing error 403 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3164 of 3,424

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you are getting the error. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Rahul R Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
3165 of 3,424

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Community Guru
3166 of 3,424

You don't need to look for a link.

When Upwork wants you to do identity verification, they'll send you a message.

Rahul R Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
3167 of 3,424

Thank you so much can you tell me how long will take it ?Smiley Sad

Community Guru
3168 of 3,424

Upwork isn't going to ask you to go through identity verification protocols until after you earn some money.

Artem D Member Since: Jan 14, 2021
3169 of 3,424

when I want to verify my account, I receive error 433 with access denied

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3170 of 3,424

Hi Artem,

At this time, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS