Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1961 of 2,310

Hi Rachel, Todd, Elizabeth, and Emily,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Xiaoxin L Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1962 of 2,310

Hi, Bojan

For my identity verification requested from Upwork, I uploaded my passport on the 1st step a few hours ago.

And then, for the 2nd step, whenever I click the "Start Chat" to initiate the video call, it always redirects to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=3b8137d683b16efe067d9a74f0af0052.

Please assist me to contact the proper support team member directly.

Thank you,

Xiaoxin

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1963 of 2,310

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ilya, Xiaoxin, Jacob, and Graham.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Elizabeth B Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1964 of 2,310

I am supposed to verify my identity through the video call. When I click on the link it redirects me to the Upwork help page when the screen is almost frozen. If I try to click on anything on the Upwork help page, it redirects me back to the home page. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips that would be great!

Highlighted
Todd T Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1965 of 2,310

I am unable to take the second step in verifying my identify because the Get Started link redirect to the main Support page => https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us.  Even the links on the Support redirect back to the same page.  

Highlighted
Rachel C Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1966 of 2,310

I received a message saying I needed to verify my ID by 1) providing a gov. issued ID and 2) initiate a call with someone from upwork.

I provided my ID, however when I click the link to initiate a call it just sends me to the homepage for the help center. 

I don't want my account to be frozen, it says I have till the 25th to initiate a call. 

Highlighted
Jacob S Member Since: Jun 10, 2020
1967 of 2,310

I'm attempting to verify my identity because Upwork said my account was going to be suspended. It's past the allotted date, I can submit proposals just fine, and although my ID is verified, attempting to 'start chat' for the video verification just takes me to the support page. The chat button on the support page takes you to a robot, and searching anything just takes me straight back to the support page. This is frustrating, how do I get to the video verification? 

Highlighted
Graham H Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1968 of 2,310

I am also having this issue. 

Highlighted
Ilya L Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1969 of 2,310

Please help me, when I press the "start chat" button nothing heppens, I'm just getting redirected to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=bf8d15ec1ae27e9d9666dac87a531bbf

What I can do?

Highlighted
Todd T Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1970 of 2,310

I'm in the same boat.  I'm going to wait till after the Saturday site update to see if Upwork corrects the issue.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS