cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Dmitry P Member Since: Dec 11, 2020
3011 of 3,430

do i need to pass video verification? what is my status?  I dont want to mess  up.....

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3012 of 3,430

Hi Dmitry,

At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Once you`re required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

Untitled
Ashleigh L Member Since: Dec 11, 2020
3013 of 3,430

Hello all! I'm having trouble with the selfie part of the ID verification. The first part went fine and my ID was accepted but once I tried to do the selfie part through the link sent to me I kept getting the "We're having technical difficulties" message. I attempted on both the mobile and desktop with no success. I also tried to chat with an agent but on the first few attempts the chat bot froze up and then when it did finish going through the questions and asked me to hold for an agent to video chat I waited for several minutes and nothing came through. Can anyone help me out? Do I need to wait until after maintenance tomorrow to try again? Thank you in advance for any guidance! 

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
3014 of 3,430

Hi Ashleigh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Kathryn K Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
3015 of 3,430

I tried to get on a call for the last 2 days for a few hours. It keeps timing me out. I need to verify or my account won't meet the requirements. I need help with this fast. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3016 of 3,430

Hi Kathryn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Victor M Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
3017 of 3,430

I need to verify my ID but I can't see that option in my account settings

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3018 of 3,430

Victor M wrote:

I need to verify my ID but I can't see that option in my account settings

What do you mean by "you need to?" - Have you been asked to?

Unless you have been requested to do so, you can't take it.

ID- verification costs money, so usually Upwork does not waste that money on people who are not earning. The majority of new freelancers will never earn a single Dollar, so to spend money on them with little to no chance of ever getting any return on the investment.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3019 of 3,430

Hi Victor, 

Currently, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jahsee W Member Since: Dec 15, 2020
3020 of 3,430

I need to get verified visually but it has timed out on me literally over 20+attempts. Can I get a visual verification setup through a customer service chat or something?