cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

0cf8b440
Mikulas B Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
3611 of 3,943

Thanks a lot. I tried switching to desktop view on my phone and it somehow worked out so I'm good. Have a nice day!

fdca3555
Don Felizardo T Member Since: Mar 31, 2021
3612 of 3,943

Thank you so much! I appreciate the quick response! take care Mikulas!

jilheins
Jill H Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
3613 of 3,943

I uploaded my driver's license but Upwork's Website is telling me that my driver's license is unsupported. However, you list a license on your list of acceptable IDs.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
3614 of 3,943

Hi Jill,

I checked and it looks like our team has reached out to you via support ticket with information about your ID submission. Please refer to your ticket here and resubmit your ID to complete your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
arup_aw
Arup B Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
3615 of 3,943

I am being asked to verify my identity by uploading a copy of an identity document; that is fine by me BUT on the verification page it states that the name on the verification document must match my profile name. That is a problem for me because my identity documents show my full name (which I never use) whilst I want my profile name to be the shortened version I always use.

The Help articles on this subject seem to be contradictory - one says you can use a shortened version of your name as your profile name, whilst the verification page states that the full name will be used.

Some guidance on this would be appreciated.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
3616 of 3,943

Hi Arup,

That's right, we approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob. Please upload your ID document and if there is any further information needed from you, our team will reach out to you directly to assist.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
abdulharis80
Abdul H Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
3617 of 3,943
Dear.. Andrea.
My account does not have a verification check mark.
I want to verify video / Selfi's photo.
but there is no identity verification reading in the options menu.
What should I do?
thank you
Haris
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3618 of 3,943

Hi Abdul,

I checked and it looks like you are not yet required to complete this step. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

-Joanne
Untitled
abdulharis80
Abdul H Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
3619 of 3,943
Oh, I see.. Alright then.At first I thought because I couldn't get a job.Is the client unsure because my account doesn't have a verification check mark?because I just joined upwork.forgive my ignorance.Thank you very much for the response.
fdca3555
Don Felizardo T Member Since: Mar 31, 2021
3620 of 3,943

**Edited for Community Guidelines**